My situation...

T

thebrokenone83

Hi everyone, my name is Dave, I am a man of course, im new here, id like to share a little of my life here and meet some people who are also dealing with similar situation as me so I dont feel like im the only one in the world who is like this, which I feel like I am the only one in my area thats like this, I live in Los Angeles, im 35, Im not home bound but I am city bound, basically my safe zone has become 2 close by cities which is about a 10 mile radius, being stuck in traffic gives me extreme anxiety, living in LA is traffic city, everywhere you go its busy and full of traffic. So I am bound to my small non traffic safe cities, I own a business, I go to the gym. I have been dealing with depression and anxiety my whole life, sometimes better, sometimes worse. Recently my mom has been in and out of the hospital, she has congestive heart failure, and a girl I was really in love with left me because I would not convert to her religion, I am a orthodox christian, she was in one of the cult like religions and I refused to join because my research and evidence points to wrong teachings and cult like practices. Anyway so she left me out of nowhere and broke my heart, its been 3 weeks, with my Agoraphobia, depression, my moms situation and the girl I love leaving me, this has been the worst year of my life, I cant seem to be happy, waking up some mornings, I just feel like i wish I didnt have to deal with my thoughts, I cant get her and my issues out of my head, I dont drink or smoke. I just wanna feel like im not the only one, I guess it could always be worse :low:

Last edited:
I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

:welcome: to the forum. I'm sorry about your situation. Kudos to you for working so hard during all of this. I hope you feel better soon. :hug:

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

Hi Thebrokenone, :welcome: to the Forum. I use to live in Los Angeles and boy do I ever remember the traffic from hell !! I'm sorry your mom is so sick. My mom is real old and sickly too.

Your girlfriend wanting you to convert to her religion and then dumping you, wow, that's cold. Not a lot of love in that. Then of course you are thinking about her all the time. All I can tell you is you have to mourn the loss. Take pictures of her that you have around and put them in a box and bury them with a ceremony in the back yard or someplace. People need ceremonies to help with transitions. Just an idea.

T

thebrokenone83

Thank you guys for the replies, I will try to stay positive and move forward as I always have, I would love to make friends with similar issues so we can communicate and understand each other

K

kevinloveslena

We are here for you!

Hello Dave, very nice to meet you and welcome to the forum! I am so sorry that you are dealing with everything that you must deal with right now. All the issues with your mother and your ex-girlfriend coupled with the depression and other issues must be difficult. I have been struggling with depression, too, for several years, along with insomnia and pain. I don’t know about you, but sometimes it just seems like the fear is just gripping me and preventing me from being able to do most of the basic things. Is there anything that you find helpful when you are feeling depressed and cant seem to feel any joy? You mentioned being an Orthodox Christian, does this help you? Would you mind if I prayed for you? Once again, I am so sorry that you are going through this. Please know that there are many of us out here that are going through things, too. We are here for you!

N

Nathan94

Hi there Dave I'm also new to this forum and I'm here just looking for advice, I have a similar situation except LA would seem like a light-year away from where I'm currently at I live in a much smaller city called Sheffield in the UK and I find it impossible to use public transport or leave my safe zone too without support so I guess it doesn't matter where you live if you have agoraphobia or other travel related phobias. one thing to keep in mind is that you're still you and that you are much stronger than you initially might think even when things seem very bleak at the moment like you said it could be worse and it really could! that might not be the most sympathetic advice but its practical and real and I hope your situation improves and you can take some valuable lessons from your life experiences because as closed in as anxiety makes you feel, events in life will always open up your life to new experiences and sometimes even opportunities :)

T

thebrokenone83

Hi there Dave I'm also new to this forum and I'm here just looking for advice, I have a similar situation except LA would seem like a light-year away from where I'm currently at I live in a much smaller city called Sheffield in the UK and I find it impossible to use public transport or leave my safe zone too without support so I guess it doesn't matter where you live if you have agoraphobia or other travel related phobias. one thing to keep in mind is that you're still you and that you are much stronger than you initially might think even when things seem very bleak at the moment like you said it could be worse and it really could! that might not be the most sympathetic advice but its practical and real and I hope your situation improves and you can take some valuable lessons from your life experiences because as closed in as anxiety makes you feel, events in life will always open up your life to new experiences and sometimes even opportunities :)
Thank you Nathan, I agree with you, life's experiences will mold us into who we become in life, we unfortunately have let our fears and anxiety mold us negatively, but as bad as it is, we have to find good in every negative that life has thrown our way. I wish there was an easy fix, but life is not easy. Thanks for the response I wish you well and hope you can break free from this invisible wall we have put up.

Thenotsorealnurse

Thenotsorealnurse

Thank you guys for the replies, I will try to stay positive and move forward as I always have, I would love to make friends with similar issues so we can communicate and understand each other

Hello dave. Im new here as well and also from LA. Im looking to network with others in a similar situation as mine. My goal is to create a group of people from LA that are willing to support each other amd hopefully meet eventually.