My second PIP assessment

Artmuzz

Artmuzz

Last year I miserably failed my appeal at a tribunal for PIP. A few months ago I reapplied for PIP and made a new claim.

Just this week I attended the face to face PIP assessment and my support worker attended with me. Unfortunately, I got the same PIP assessor I got last year who lied on my assessment report and I fear she will lie again.

When I was at my assessment getting assessed my support worker had to constantly tell me to relax and take deep breaths as I was freaking out while the PIP assessor typed what I was telling her. I told the assessor everything about how my anxiety and panic disorder affects my day to day life and she appeared sympathetic and friendly but she was like that the last time.

Somehow I have a feeling that this assessor will lie again and report that I was calm at the assessment when it fact I was nearing a panic attack. If this is the case is there any way of making a complaint to the DWP and getting proof from my support worker. I took my iPhone with me and made an audio recording of the assessment just in case. Please advise.

PinkCandyFloss

PinkCandyFloss

If you have an audio recording that’s good! If they lie again you can submit that as evidence. Hopefully it will not be the case and you will be fine.

I applied last year on Feb 20 and only got turned down finally at my tribunal on Feb 27!!! So have had to reapply myself, I’m at the stage where they have my forms and I am waiting for my face to face date. I assume they will make me do one even though they get the same info as ESA and ESA have never made me have an assessment! I too have mental health issues with severe anxiety and panic disorder, mild agoraphobia, depression etc, as well as physical things too such as chronic pain, fatigue and more (fibromyalgia) it’s scary how much PIP lie and take when you say out of context

The whole process is so stressful and I really hope it goes well this time for you (well for us both) I have my fingers crossed for you!
If you do feel you need to lodge a complaint, like I am sure many of us do with how they lie and twist our words, your best bet would probably be something like CAB?

P

Pollypop

My PIP assessment was a farce.
It was done at my home as I am agoraphobic.

According to the assessor I could go shopping.

She asked if she gave me a pound and I spent 75p what change would I have
My answer 25p

Assessors report- I can cope well with financial matters.
etc. etc etc.

She didn’t even read my form correctly.
I have SYNOVITIS.
She asked what problem SYNOCITIS caused me.

Ok. They sound and look similar but another example of
her incorrect reporting.

Needless to say, I FAILED.

PinkCandyFloss

PinkCandyFloss

Mine was done at home too, yet the report said I travelled to the assessment centre alone! 🤬🤬

P

Pollypop

I heard of one lady who had a leg amputated.
( She also had other problems )

It was considered she was mobile if she used any kind of aid.
She received 0 points for it.

PinkCandyFloss

PinkCandyFloss

Heard of similar; people wheelchair bound noted as “walking” into the centre and such. It’s criminal!

All it does is make us more sick and some cannot handle it at all unfortunately:(

Artmuzz

Artmuzz

Thanks for the replies.

Those PIP assessments and tribunals are a disgrace. I know that a lot of people say they were successful at tribunals and won but I reckon it's because they have had a good judge, welfare rights officer and panel.

However, for the rest of us who have failed appeals at tribunals like myself, it's because we were unlucky to have a bad judge and panel who act like interrogation officers and they play with our minds which is what we don't want when we suffer mental illness and it results in failing the appeal.

I was so nervous at my tribunal and by the way I was treated there that I couldn't even speak or explain myself well. So because of the PIP assessor's lies and the tribunal judge's bullying and acting hostile towards me I failed PIP and I fear it might happen again which is making me very ill. I nearly ended up in hospital over all this recently.

PinkCandyFloss

PinkCandyFloss

It must be different in NI we don’t have a judge, just a panel of 3. A lawyer, doctor and disability expert. But I was also turned down. One of them was super rude to me and made me cry! And she just glared at me and shook her head in disgust :(
I got all flustered and even more panicked, was shaking etc. :(

Just hope it goes better this time for us both

Artmuzz

Artmuzz

Yeah there was a panel of 3 at my tribunal but in Scotland the lawyer is called a Judge. I hope it does get better for both of us.

A

anyajp

Well when I went to my pip assessment last year I was only in there for about 12 minutes..the guy looked like he just wanted to get it over with...I guess I was lucky...I got awarded pip a few months later...well, kept on my pip I should say and did not get it taken of me.

Artmuzz

Artmuzz

Well when I went to my pip assessment last year I was only in there for about 12 minutes..the guy looked like he just wanted to get it over with...I guess I was lucky...I got awarded pip a few months later...well, kept on my pip I should say and did not get it taken of me.
I think if you’ve already been claiming PIP then it’s a lot easier to pass assessment to continue getting PIP. However, if you are a new claimant like myself then it’s a lot harder to pass assessment.