• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

My Schizophrenia

C

colinvella

Founding Member
Hi there people. I'm new to all this forum business so go easy on me. Im 26 and from west yorkshire england. I live with my girlfriend who is 7yrs older than me. My girlfriend and I both have schizophrenia. I have voices in my head and have paranoia and strange beliefs including some on conspiracy theories. My voices tell me to do things and how to think (my mind can change its view at any point):welcome: but I mostly in control although sometimes I think I'm losing my mind.
I have been diagnosed 3yrs and cope day to day and sometimes second to second basis.

D

Dollit

Hi Colinvella - this is a good place and full of great people, glad you could join us :welcome:

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Hey there Colin my old china. Great to see you found the forum ok. Hope you settle in ok and find the group supportive!!!!

J.

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hello and :welcome: colinvella :)

Hope you like it here .

W

Windblows

Founding Member
Hi Colinvelor
I hear what you say! My diagnosis was originally Schizophrenia and I heard heard voices and had the idea that things were happening to control us that nobody else was aware of except those doing it. the TV was sending out messages but the broadcasters were under control too.

Not sure when i stopped having those illusions - if thats what they were!!

Anyway I remember it was a very uncomfortable experience. Whatever changed meant the doc's later reclassified me as bi-polar. Your experience count and I think this is a safe place to express your feelings/symptoms or offer your coping stategies to others.
:welcome: