• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

My recovery from PTSD

pentagram

pentagram

A few years ago I came to this site to talk about my life. How I suffered from PTSD as a result of my experiences with aversion therapy as a boy at school in the UK in 1972. I have recently published my memoir: Is it about that boy? The Shocking Trauma of Aversion Therapy. It is available via Amazon, with reviews, as a paperback and an Ebook at:

Is it About That Boy?: The Shocking Trauma of Aversion Therapy: Amazon.co.uk: Jeremy Gavins: 9781999681906: Books

In the book I talk about how EMDR helped me recover. I also speak about how Dissociation, Body Memories and Cognive Dissonance all played a part in my PTSD.

I recovered, it took 40 years but I did get there in the end.

All I can say is I hope you all find a way out of your pain.

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

I will ask my librarian to get your book. So many people I meet have interesting books they have written. My book is Little Porcupine Goes to the Psyche Ward.

I am very interested in reading yours. I am glad to hear you are doing okay. It took me 25 years to overcome the PTSD from the two years of mental hospital incarceration.

I was talking to someone on line about how the children who were forcibly separated from their parents at the US southern border will have a very deep scar; a very deep abandonment issue.

write

write

Congratulations on getting your book published pentagram. I'm glad that you're doing better after a very long struggle x