• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

My post office card is blocked

C

Chamaeleon

My bro blocked my post office card but I can't get it unblocked & they refuse to do anything because I don't know the security questions.

Anybody know what to do?

Can't lift any money.

bulbie

bulbie

How did your brother manage to block YOUR card?

nonotme

nonotme

My bro blocked my post office card but I can't get it unblocked & they refuse to do anything because I don't know the security questions.

Anybody know what to do?

Can't lift any money.

I had a similar problem a few years ago, card wasn't blocked but had lost my pin. took me ages but in the end they sent me another one. Phone them back and explain that you have no cash at all and can't afford to eat/heat yourself.

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
cant you get another card sent out? or is it the account that is blocked.

M

mooncat

I no if you loose your post office card and you go to a main post office you can then ask for whats called a "Volt Card ".They can Do that there and then.You will then have a new card and can keep the same pin number.It takes about 10 mins for them to give you a replacement.But you have to go to a main post office to do this.How do i no this.Well ive done exactly this (lost my card and had no money except in the post office account)
You just say "Can i have a volt card as ive lost mine" And as long as its a main post office withing a matter of minuites they issue you with a new card.
In fact ive lost my card twice and they replaced it at the post office there and then while i waited.
Maybe you could try that route as it only takes minuites to do and you can use it straight away.
just ask for a VOLT CARD...But it has to be a main post office not your little ones in news agents..

C

Chamaeleon

I haven't got a clue what the security question answer could be. No DLA & no temporary card without it. Woman said she can't do nothing because the security answers don't match up. I donno what it or they could be. It's just the card that is blocked I think, but you need security answers for new card too.

Struggling for money... going days without eating & quite often sitting in the cold without gas. Get a little help from my bro's.

And you know I can't go to support services... (ignored)

Last edited:
bulbie

bulbie

But how does your brother get YOUR card/account blocked?

C

Chamaeleon

But how does your brother get YOUR card/account blocked?
He must've forgot some of the pin & thought he had unlimited guesses. He asked me for a tenner. He's fucked up my account.

bulbie

bulbie

I didn't think anyone but you could use that kind of account. But I would have thought either way he would know your pin, either because you gave it to him at the start in case this was going to a semi regular thing, or as you handed him the card as you told him he could have the tenner if he went and withdrew it.

C

Chamaeleon

Think my DLA is stopped anyways. No warning of this. Guy over the phone sounded like an A hole. Do I apply for jobseekers allowance now? Does this require a form to fill in?

bulbie

bulbie

Find out exactly what's what with your DLA before you go doing that - forcing people onto JSA is a nice little trick they like to pull. They stop your money, get you to sign onto JSA because that's your only option, they'll help you more to work with your illness, they won't expect you to look for work, blah blah blah, and then the theoretical you does as you're told, signs onto JSA and they can then use that claim to prove you were fit for work all along and then they don't have to give you a single red cent of your DLA. JSA is no easy ride either - they have sanction targets to meet, you can follow every rule in the book and they'll still find a way to sanction you and stop your money. I had to sign on briefly when I moved to England - I was only on it for two weeks, looked for all the jobs they asked for and then some, followed all the rules and they STILL refused to pay out a single penny, gave every excuse under the sun as to why they couldn't pay it. We weren't actually paid a penny until we actually signed off because my then partner had managed to secure a job with decent pay.

Wiseowl

Wiseowl

The DWP can put money into your account with a fast payment. So if you do ring them up, despite what they may say, they can solve any mistakes they have made with payments very quickly.

As bulbie says I would avoid signing onto JSA.

What exactly is the issue with your payment?

C

Chamaeleon

Nothing, they just stopped my money out of the blue. No letter or nothing. They're not interested in helping me out.

Wiseowl

Wiseowl

They cannot do that without giving you a reason. So I suggest either phoning the DWP/Jobcentre yourself or getting someone to do so on your behalf, hopefully you might be able to find out what is causing this. :hug1:

nonotme

nonotme

Find out exactly what's what with your DLA before you go doing that - forcing people onto JSA is a nice little trick .
I'd agree about applying for JSA find out what benefits you are entitled too, that is the most important thing to do. Get your post office card account sorted out and your DLA.

Do you have CAB in Scotland? I would start their and get this sorted, also speak to everyone you need to about money so they know, most companies understand and will be helpful.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1