• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

My partners losing faith in me.

Y

YellowBrickRoad

Daniel my partner is losing faith in me. He seems so distant from me, I'm losing him I can feel it. I just don't know how I can show him that I still love him and I don't want to lose him.

Today I sat down and told him exactly what feeling this way was like. I told him the suicidal thoughts that go through my head. Every single detail I had the strength to tell him I said it. I was fed up of saying I'm fine the tablets are working, when I'm obviously not any more fine than when I was sitting in A&E after having a breakdown. And I could see the disappointment on his face. I can tell he doesn't love me the way he used to, it feels wrong us being together. I still love him as much as I always have, possibly more now he's coped with me for all this time. I feel the only reason he is still with me now is because of our daughter and the fact that he knows without him I would crumble. It just doesn't feel right dragging him through this any longer but I don't know if I could face life without him.

I just don't know what to do. Weather to try a bit longer see how we go, I might find a higher dose or a change in tablets will help but what if they don't? What if it's too late to save this relationship? I just cant stand by and watch him go through this any more. I just want him to be happy.

T

Tell me I was dreaming

You wont know if it'll work if you dont try, you have to see the glass as half full mrs!

All you can do is give it a go, look if you's really do love each other then you's will find a way to make it work you just have to be honest and open with him, he sounds like a decent guy and I'm sure he'll stand by you :)

just thought I'd add at the end here that I lost my fiance because of my depression and the dark side of it, its been 8mths and doesnt hurt any less :( so thats why I have to say try and see the brighter side of things if you show your willing to try and get better it will show him you really care about it all,

all you can do is give it a go,

B

bebe

These are your own thoughts and not that of your partner your partner probably thinks the opposite to your thinking, he would not be standing by you if he did not.
Try and put these thoughts out of your head and maybe think of taking your partner to see the doc or your CPN next time you go the doc could then explain to your partner exactly how u think and how u act your partner may already know but a update on your health will make him understand even more. try it it will work.
I feel for you i really do and i hope you do manage to get it sorted you are not alone we are all here for you,,remember that

B

Baz

I've been feeling a bit like this lately, but I must admit I do also know deep down that if she didn't love me and want to be with me she would walk away, so in a bizarre way it's comforting that she is still about :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Linda1989 People 2