• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

My partner lies and he has no idea how it hurts me

M

Mr Bens Assistant

I need some advise. My partner has borderline personality disorder. He lied..a whopper and then said later of course he would tell me about the very thing he lied about. Its not a big thing but we promised to be honest with each other. Heres the thing..he is such a bad liar it is soo very obvious to me when he is lying but so that he doesnt feel uncomfortable because I know he has this condition and this is part of it I ended up apologising...WTF is going on. Do I lack such self esteem that anything is fine. If I challenge him he hurts himself so I become a yes yes person and he carries on. Whyt couldnt he just say...I lied..I am sorry...can we start that converstation again. Why cant he man up. Why does he want to hurt me. I am a really kind and thoughtful person, I cook for him and make the house lovely and try really hard to be happy but I feel like someone has taken my heart out and is throwing it around the garden. I just cant stop crying. I dont want to see him or talk to him until he can be honest. I am hiding away. I think I probably should end my relationship because it is not what I want. I want someone who does not find me so unnaproachable that they fell they have to lie to me. I want someone who can lean on me and respect me enough not to lie and to try and make this change in himself. I love him very much but he is doing my head in. Mostly we are very lovong and considerate and then he socks it between the eyes. Last time it was that I was spending too much time on the computer and he felt he didnt have enough attention. Ouch. I try not to be ont he computer as much, he has a point. This time though he want me to drive hundreds of miles to spend the weekend with him but he will be going out to the works quiz and I will be sitting on my own waiting for him knowing that the girl he worked with and who has made it clear she is in love with him is there. Am I being stupid. Should I walk away now before I get hurt yet further. Why do I love this man who cannot be straight with me. I am giving up. Sorry this is so long:(

M

mylife

If your business partner lies I think that is bad for being partners and you cant trust him but then he tells you he lied and will tell you why later. I know it hurts to get lied to I have been lied to by lots of people and it’s not anything nice. If he hit you in the eye that’s bad to and never let anyone hit you or hurt you again.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
U Personality Disorders Forum 5