• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

My partner has panic disorder, agrophobia and separation anxiety but I can find anyone who will help ME

B

Bee123

My partner has panic disorder, agrophobia and separation anxiety but I can find anyone who will help ME

Hi all,

This is my first post on here. A little information to begin with - I’ve been with my girlfriend for about 3 years and throughout that time, she’s suffered with depression, agrophobia, panic disorder and separation anxiety (with her parents, and me)

I’d like to believe that she is now slowly starting to get better (new medication, new doctor) so I’m hoping that there’s a light at the end of the tunnel.

The main issue that I’m having at the moment is that due to her separation anxiety with me; I can’t sleep at home otherwise she has a panic attack and those who have other halves with panic disorder will know how distressing it is to have your partner on the phone, begging you to help. I have to drive 45 minutes to her parents house, stay the night and then drive home in the morning (I work for myself). Every time we’ve tried, it hasn’t worked and it’s hard to figure out what to do.

I’ve suggested talking to the doctor about sleeping tablets but does anyone have any experience/advice? I’d appreciate it a lot.

Sorry this is so long!!

Cazcat

Cazcat

Staff Member on Leave
I've had pannic attacks as part of PTSD, but don't have any personal experience of pannic disorder or seperation anxiety. I do have a lot of experience supporting my my husband with his mental health problems and understand that it can be incredibly hard. It's good that you are seeing some improvements. I'm wondering if your girlfriend would be happy for you to attend an appointment with her so that you can discuss these issues with her Dr/therapist and see what plans can be put in place to tackle this.

Most importantly you need to look after yourself. When we are supporting someone else, we need to put our own health needs first, otherwise we get ill ourselves and can't support anyone else. I've learnt that by experience. If you need to speak to your own GP about support for you.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

:welcome:
i had separation anxiety with my mummy
nothing helped i wanted to be with her all the time or i felt physically sick

when she died over 2 years ago
i needed to learn to be without her
the situation was forced upon me but i DID do it

i think counselling rather than medication could help her
please come on here as often as you need ,we will support you the best we can love Lu x

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A My Partner has GAD Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
M GAD with depressive episodes, and detaching from partner Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
H How to help my partner get to the GP Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
P Looking for an Accountability Partner/Support Group Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
K How can I help my partner with GAD get to sleep? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
N New here, need advice about partner Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 5
B How to support a partner with GAD Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
M Partner w/ GAD Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
R I want to help my partner Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
panana Scared of loosing my partner. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
W Suffering partner have spells of relationship doubts, and I cant take it anymore. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
W Desperate need of help: Partner of anxiety sufferer Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 5
S Has anyone here had some sort of remission of GAD symptoms Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 9
T Has CBT worked for you? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 51
Star_light How has your day been? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 13
P Living with 10 Years of GAD and how my illness has changed... Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
T Now my hobby has been ruined too. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 8
elliepaige20 Anxiety has affected my life since I was 8 Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 12
B Agoraphobia - has anyone ever just stuck it out ? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
D My bf has social anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
W Need guidance :( boyfriend has anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
R Anxiety has ruined my life Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 10
HappyBunny *waving to say hi* from a GAD sufferer who has had enough of GAD! Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 5
G my girlfriend has anxiety. Am I overreacting? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 7
D Seroxat 20mg...Has Anyone managed to move onto Citalopram or Prozac....Is it better? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
L Mindfulness- has anyone had any success? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 7
S Are you suffering from insomnia and what has helped you to get a better sleep? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
L 'Lift Psychology' Has anyone used this service Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
L My Girlfriend has anxiety disorder and idk how to handle it. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 25
L Experiences post panic attack Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 18
L My anxiety/panic experience Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 23
M On the verge of a panic attack at school Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
H Bedridden for over a week with severe anxiety/panic post COVID infection Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
pjb15201 Increased panic and anxiety since pandemic rules lessened ? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 9
Jam1990 Am I having panic attacks? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
P Anxiety Disorder without feeling anxious or panic? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 8
YoYo83 Nocturnal panic attacks!! Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
G Burning skin anxiety panic attacks body feels like in fire in bed at night Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 8
G Anxiety panic attacks struggling Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 12
J Panic and gerd? Can't breathe Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 11
N REALLY ANXIETY AND PANIC ALL DAY EVERY DAY Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
E Olanzapine for panic attacks Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
J Immobilized with fear, panic and anxiety. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 8
F Panic attack Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 6
R Derealization and panic disorder. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
J Constant Generalized anxiety disorder and panic attacks Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
T Panic attacks Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
diaz212 Foods That We Never Knew Are Panic Attack Natural Treatment Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
M New here - Anxiety, Panic, Life. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
H Living with anxiety and panic attacks Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3