My Panic and Anxiety History?

R

Razorback999

Since my early 20's panic disorders and Social Anxiety have pretty much taken over everything.
My first major panic attack happened when I was up late at age 22. I had ran out of meds and had no quick fix for the attack. I told my dad I couldn't breathe and kept asking him if If I was dying. He Said "No you are not dying go back to Bed I'm trying to sleep" I paced the house trying to get deep breaths but I couldn't. It was like a forgot how to breath. All of the hyperventelating caused my body to tingle. I felt my body was shutting down. I continued to pace and do odd things like talking to myself. Nothing was working. I finally got the idea of pouring cold water over my body to direct my mind toward the feeling. Each time the cold water hit my skin I was able to get a breathe, however, the floor was soaked with water so I had to think of something else.

Unfortunately, this episode would be just the beginning of a long and hard battle with physically harmless but extremely scary problem that I would endure for years.

Last edited by a moderator: