• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

My own fault

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
I posted not so long back about meeting someone online on a social network site. This made me so happy but unfortunately it turned out that I was being "played". This person has got right into my head and it's totally screwing me up, I can't sleep too good Im easily distracted and I'm constantly thinking of her even though I know there will never be anything come from it. I feel so stupid and angry and I haven't got a clue on what to do - no fool like an old fool huh???

D

Dollit

I belong to a social networking site and have a lot of fun but that's the thing to remember - most people are there just for fun. You do tend to talk in a much more relaxed way on those sites. I've met some good friends from there - lasting friends but there are 10 times more who are nothing to me and I'm nothing to them.

You're not a fool you just haven't understood the rules. Don't give yourself a hard time.

lucid scream

lucid scream

many people do play with others heads on the internet. they're called trolls.
theres definately something lost in not being face to face with or even hearing the voices of the people we are conversing with. i guess its easier for some to forget they are dealing with other people and not just words on a screen.
don't let it bother you though, like Dollit said there's others looking for what you are, you just have to find them.