• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

My OCD cured perfectly

G

GoldFish123

Hi All,

I want to let you all know that I was perfectly normal for over 23 years of my life before OCD started. I just started washing my hands anytime I touch anytime and thought there was germs everywhere and I did not have peace of mind. Even touching my body after touching anything was difficult for me. I had to always take a posture of extending my hands away from my body. It was torture and I could not remember how I used to be normal from childhood to age 23. It was just like this is how I have been right from time. It was damn stressful. When I go to work, I use my leg to open the door and a paper to open the knob to avoid touching what everyone has touched with their hand. It was hell because this was not how I was or how I lived growing up. I could not put my head where I put my leg on my bed because my leg was assumed to be dirty. I started going to church to pray against this but it continued until one day, the preacher was praying for a mother and the kid of the mom was crying following the mom. The mom was going to fall on the kid and the kid was sort of dirty and I did not want to pick him but after thinking about it I concluded that saving the kid from injury was more important than my OCD. So, I picked the kid to safety and after that event, slowly, I started by putting my head where my leg had been on my bed. Another day in church as I was praying vigorously my dirty hand(from shaking people in church) entered my mouth and I realized that I did not care and that was the end of my OCD.

M

Mister_Fabulous formerly BetaMale

Congratulations; good for you!

S

Smallrose

I read your story on hearing voices. I want to say that a YouTuber by the name ,Kay Elblessings , does prayers and he talks about witches a lot and says how to take back your blessings. I have a stubborn which who will never get close to me and I won’t see ever again in life ,yet she is persistent. I have others that are jealous of me, but I’m pressing into the lord again and turning away from all sin and repenting and talking to God.anyhow, I pray you get better

S

Smallrose

I read your story on hearing voices. I want to say that a YouTuber by the name ,Kay Elblessing, does prayers and he talks about witches a lot and says how to take back your blessings. I have a stubborn which who will never get close to me and I won’t see ever again in life ,yet she is persistent. I have others that are jealous of me, but I’m pressing into the lord again and turning away from all sin and repenting and talking to God.anyhow, I pray you get better

S

Smallrose

Had to take the “s” off his name, but you will find him on YouTube

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
I Severe OCD, Anxiety and Depression - cured! My story, which may help you to find the right way. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
N My OCD obsession cured by certain compulsion? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
O how I cured my OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
K My years long ocd, cured in days. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 25
E IS THIS STILL OCD? please help Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
B Pure OCD and reputation damaged. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
E After getting diagnosed my OCD got worse Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
Timae7 What happened (harm OCD story) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 0
P My OCD Experience Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 7
Nate Stressed harm OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
M Do I Have OCD or Just Overthinking? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
A Religious OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
dontknowwhattodowithoutyou I am the worst person ever. real event ocd TW sexual Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
JAYBOY100 Never felt like this before OCD intrusive thoughts? 😔 Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 8
A I am afraid I will lose someone due to OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 7
Jrick35 OCD/Intrusive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
O Ocd thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 7
stevie_sloth How do I know if it's GAD or OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 17
B OCD? Sexual/violent/intrusive thoughts. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 8
O Ocd and mistaking feelings Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
O Ocd wierd dream Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
P OCD or psychosis? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
P OCD and loneliness Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
R Ocd Like Symptoms Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
A religious ocd Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
B Tips for living with OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
S Is this OCD? I ruined my teeth Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
J OCD about self doubt Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
D Ocd or Asperger/autism? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 24
Jrick35 Harm OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
R is this h-ocd or denial?? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
P OCD intrusive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
D Any advise how to calm my ocd? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
J I fear consumption of my ocd Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
R scared about my OCD intrusive thoughts consisting of my boyfriend Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
G Is my OCD impossible? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
K Life After OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
N OCD is destroyingmy life Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
D Strange ocd theme! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 23
P OCD and anxiety over blood borne viruses Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
C Do you think I'm Ocd? HELP! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
C I'm going crazy.. Help Me! (Ocd) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 9
G New treatment for OCD - brain pulses Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
S Ocd back Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
E OCD (fear of being poisoned) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
J Methods to beat OCD effectively Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
R Horror ocd pure Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
K Beating OCD, Intrusive Thoughts, PURE-O and everything in between Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
stevie_sloth Tourettic OCD anyond? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
J Scared about my OCD symptoms. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 8