• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

My Noises in my head...

ravenbanner

ravenbanner

Hi all
I have been hearing what sounds like a constant background radio station in my head for a while with all different voices, male female, and at one stage I even heard sound effects like gunshots and strange noises like opening and closing doors and screams and more gunshots but these 'sound effects' have stopped now.

Now I just hear a constant conversation/s going on all the time, much like a lot of others on this forum.

I just was wondering if anyone else has heard bizarre noises like gunshots or seemingly computerized 'sound effects' in their heads? I sometimes also hear music but most of the time its this endless conversation like a talk back radio station or something and a lot of the time they make comments or say rude or disrespectful things.

I don't understand what the people are on about and sometimes they are really insulting or hostile... but the sound effects of gunshots that was just plain strange, I wonder if there's some kind of technology they use to put these sounds, voices and sound effects in my/our heads?

parker

parker

Just before I my voices came, I use to hear some of the most beautiful music. Stuff that I’ve never heard before, almost out of this world like stuff. Then the voices came and the music went away, but the voices used a lot of theatrical stuff. It was like someone sitting at a synthesizer making all these sounds to go with the drama going on in my head.

There was a game my voices liked to play, I called it the door game. Since I believed it was real people tormenting me from the upstairs apartment. They would come on down and apologize if I opened up the door. It’s hard to say in words how bad I wanted to see someone on the other side of the door. Anyways while this game was going on all the voices were singing a mocking version of “We All Gather At The River” with the synthesizer playing the whole time.

I had other games that were played on me but they were more skit like.

ravenbanner

ravenbanner

wow, thanks alot Parker for posting this at least I'm not alone in bizarre sounds coming from our heads.

softwhisper

softwhisper

Noise...
Is...
A very profound definition...
To ‘voice’...
It can be...
Bewilderment...
Annoying...
Or pleasing...
When we open our airways...
To this noise...
We become part of its existence...
We can not help be mesmerized...
As it is very intriguing to be part of that which doesn’t seem comprehendible to others...
We become...
A false existence to those of this land we share...
And...
Our illusion...
Becomes...
Our secret...
As...
The men in white coats take over... (please excuse)...
We then become part of the anti norm...
And...
Our beauty...
To our norm...
Becomes our illusion...
To...
A trust we know exists ...
We then...
Become anti...
And...
Hide..
From...
Norm...
If....
We can rise above...
What man on earth says norm...
We take hold of truth...
To ignore...
Vulgarity...
And negativity...
Is...
The way to go...
We have personality...
We don’t cease... to have our personality...
On...
on sight...of the life beyond...
We need to learn further...
If we want to confuse...
Those left behind...
We as the ‘voice’ hearer...
Can prosper better...
If we ignore...
Negativity...
Now as i have said before many times...
Depends on our personality if we can do this...
We have many falls to our learning’s...
And to cope with other possibilities...
Of negativity can sometimes be too much...
I have tried to take my life many times...
In hearing...
However have rised above...
We were not born to negativity...
And...
To re learn...
A positive approach...
Is not a failure...
Softwhisper...