• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

My name is Jackie I am 55years old and suffer from anxiety and depression. I feel like Im going off my head. Help x

J

jackie12

Hi I am struggling with anxiety and cannot motivate myself or eat,Im at the end of my tether,just cant cope!!

Mario82

Mario82

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi Jackie. Welcome to the site, it's safe and non-judgemental and you can talk about anything you like in terms of your mental illness on here.

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling so badly :low: Most of us have been there. Can you pinpoint any reason why you feel anxious or is it more of a general feeling? Are you part of the mental health service, do you take medication?

Try to have something to eat, it will make you feel better. Have you had a shower today? If not, could you force yourself to do that?

J

jackie12

Hi Mario,anxiety has been creeping up on me since the virus has started. I tried very hard to push it away but its starting to push me. I am on medication,have been for a few years as I have suffered with this before. Everytime I get it it feels like the first time if you know what I mean? I have lots of stratedgys but when it comes to using them I don't have the concentration for them? I take seroxat 30mg and have been using propranolol for the past few weeks to see if it would help as it has done before. I think its harder this time round as I cannot access my local support groups with the lockdown being in place. I work as a carer and have had to go off work as I couldn't cope! I tried so hard to stay in work but I cant look after me never mind anyone else. I haven't had my shower today but have promised myself to have one tonight as evenings are calmer for me. I love going to bed but dread waking up in the morning as I have to go through this again.

Mario82

Mario82

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hm, well it sounds like Covid-19 has exacerbated your anxiety definitely. As long as you-re mostly self-isolating (and it seems like you are) you should be safe.

I have had anxiety and depression myself (not so much recently) and I understand exactly what you are saying about every time feeling like the very first time, it seems to never go easy on you at all, it just seems to be there and never stops or quits. I fully understand the concentration issues things as I sometimes have issues with attention span as well.

Do you find the seroxat helps any? The propranolol will take some time to get into yours system I expect.

Yeah it's definitely harder with the loickdown. I can't see my CPN every few weeks either, or go to my hobby groups through the mental health, or see my nurse guy every Tuesday. I fully relate to finding it harder with less face to face support from the CMHT due to the lockdown.

You did the right thing going off work, if you can't take care of yourself well enough you don't need the responsibility of taking care of others. I know what you mean about showers, but I would suggest if you can power through and do it tonight when you feel calmer, you will feel like you have achieved something and will feel fresher and better.

I used to get that feeling of liking sleep because it was sweet release from life, I know exactly what you're going through. I was there in the past. All I can say is keep taking your medication, maybe once things calm down you could get a meds review, and post on here where a lot of understanding people will try to help you. You are NOT alone and we do care x

J

jackie12

Hi Jackie. Welcome to the site, it's safe and non-judgemental and you can talk about anything you like in terms of your mental illness on here.

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling so badly :low: Most of us have been there. Can you pinpoint any reason why you feel anxious or is it more of a general feeling? Are you part of the mental health service, do you take medication?

Try to have something to eat, it will make you feel better. Have you had a shower today? If not, could you force yourself to do that?
Hm, well it sounds like Covid-19 has exacerbated your anxiety definitely. As long as you-re mostly self-isolating (and it seems like you are) you should be safe.

I have had anxiety and depression myself (not so much recently) and I understand exactly what you are saying about every time feeling like the very first time, it seems to never go easy on you at all, it just seems to be there and never stops or quits. I fully understand the concentration issues things as I sometimes have issues with attention span as well.

Do you find the seroxat helps any? The propranolol will take some time to get into yours system I expect.

Yeah it's definitely harder with the loickdown. I can't see my CPN every few weeks either, or go to my hobby groups through the mental health, or see my nurse guy every Tuesday. I fully relate to finding it harder with less face to face support from the CMHT due to the lockdown.

You did the right thing going off work, if you can't take care of yourself well enough you don't need the responsibility of taking care of others. I know what you mean about showers, but I would suggest if you can power through and do it tonight when you feel calmer, you will feel like you have achieved something and will feel fresher and better.

I used to get that feeling of liking sleep because it was sweet release from life, I know exactly what you're going through. I was there in the past. All I can say is keep taking your medication, maybe once things calm down you could get a meds review, and post on here where a lot of understanding people will try to help you. You are NOT alone and we do care x

J

jackie12

The seroxat normally keeps me on the level,ive been on it for many years, I used to be on 20mg but was upped to 30mg 3 years ago. It took about 2 months to really kick in and the thought of going through all that again gives me the fear. Im hoping the propranolol helps. Thank you for talking to me, being on here is making me feel a bit more positive,I know this will pass but having support here and now is really helpful. Thank you x

Mario82

Mario82

ACCOUNT CLOSED
The seroxat normally keeps me on the level,ive been on it for many years, I used to be on 20mg but was upped to 30mg 3 years ago. It took about 2 months to really kick in and the thought of going through all that again gives me the fear. Im hoping the propranolol helps. Thank you for talking to me, being on here is making me feel a bit more positive,I know this will pass but having support here and now is really helpful. Thank you x
At least the seroxat keeps you on the level then. Let's hope the propranolol kicks in soon and make a real difference to how you are feeling.

You're welcome, please stay around - you will find if you chat a lot and get support here it might make you feel a bit better even though you think it will pass. You can make some good friends here, there are plenty of caring people on the site.

Mario82

Mario82

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I will do,I need all the support I can get. Thank you so much
You're welcome. I will be going offline soon but if you feel down feel free to send me a PM and I will advise as best I can any time I am online.

Mario82

Mario82

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi Jackie, how are you now?

J

jackie12

Hi Mario,Im just much the same,still cant eat which is depleting my energy,motivation is not good and most days it is a struggle to get out of bed. I have been talking with friends but I feel like I am being a pain. I am trying hard to get out for a walk most days but sometimes my lack of energy and motivation stops me. I feel better if I have someone with me,its like having to have someone hold my hand(if you know what I mean) I just feel quite low. I just want to get back to being me again,I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel it is just so frustrating,if I could eat I know it would help,I make promises to myself I am going to try and eat but I just feel so sick. Vicious circle this is eh? Thank you for asking though,it means a lot. I have spoke to a doctor unfortunately he wasn't helpful at all. Just wants to up the dosage on my meds. I suppose its difficult at the moment with no face to face but a wee bit understanding when dealing with mental health would be good. I am still off work as I am not physically or mentally fit,but doctor thinks I don't want to work. That's very much not the case but I cant work because of this. Thanks again,nice to hear from you.

Mario82

Mario82

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi Mario,Im just much the same,still cant eat which is depleting my energy,motivation is not good and most days it is a struggle to get out of bed. I have been talking with friends but I feel like I am being a pain. I am trying hard to get out for a walk most days but sometimes my lack of energy and motivation stops me. I feel better if I have someone with me,its like having to have someone hold my hand(if you know what I mean) I just feel quite low. I just want to get back to being me again,I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel it is just so frustrating,if I could eat I know it would help,I make promises to myself I am going to try and eat but I just feel so sick. Vicious circle this is eh? Thank you for asking though,it means a lot. I have spoke to a doctor unfortunately he wasn't helpful at all. Just wants to up the dosage on my meds. I suppose its difficult at the moment with no face to face but a wee bit understanding when dealing with mental health would be good. I am still off work as I am not physically or mentally fit,but doctor thinks I don't want to work. That's very much not the case but I cant work because of this. Thanks again,nice to hear from you.
Hi Jackie

It sounds sound like you are pretty depressed, have been there as I say where you don't wanna get out of bed and just turn and face the wall. Eating would help a lot, as would walking, but I know those things are monumentally difficult when down.

I know what you're saying about doctors lacking understanding and thinking medication is the answer for everything. It isn't for all people. I wouldn't worry about him thinking you don't wanna work, that is just his prejudice and it is clear to me that you're a caring and kind and intelligent person who just wants to feel better and move on with life.

I hope chatting helps a little anyway. Nice to hear from you also.

Mario82

Mario82

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Yeah I am fine thanks, just getting by. Any time you need to chat just let me know :)