• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

My mum isn't well and I don't know what to do...

C

CF1997

Im a 23 year old adult who lives with my mum.
My mum has always suffered with mental health problems but shes getting worse. She refuses to take her medication for depression. I think she has something more than just depression.

She keeps going to the doctors with 'worms' shes saying that shes coughing them up and they are coming from her lungs. I believed her to start off with because shes never said anything like this before. Now shes telling me that shes caught the worms from the house and she keeps scrubbing the house with bleach. my brother came down stairs at 3am and caught her on her hands and knees wiping the floor with kitchen roll and bleach. there was piles of the stuff when I came down.

she keeps looking up her nose and putting tissue up there because of the worms she thinks she has.

the doctor has asked her for a sample but she cant produce one even though she says shes got thousands of them.

My mum is aggressive so I cant tell her that this is all in her head because she will go so mad.

this is just the tip of the ice burg ive even caught her putting safety pins up her nose to get these worms out.

I dont know what to do Im stuck. If I tell the doctor they might put her in a mental home and she will never forgive me and shed probably kick me out the house.

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
I think you need to tell her doctor, sticking pins up her nose is dangerous and god knows what she is doing behind your back. She sound psychotic and needs help. After she has help and is better she will probably understand that you had no choice.