• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

My mum is an embarrassing ignoramus

Mario82

Mario82

Taking a break
It's been abundantly clear to me for a long time that my mum is a prejudiced, ignorant, narrow-minded idiot (although I didn't want to admit it due to some misplaced sense of obligation to her).

Here are some of her beliefs:

1) loves the Royal Family and gets angry and shouts every time I criticise them. Tonight while I was trying to sleep I heard her and our neighbour downstairs discussing them and their opinions on various members (because they speak so fucking loudly. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at them saying they 'love' various royals, despite the fact these very same royals would see all us working-class people as inferior scum. When I finally shouted down I said 'gonna shut up, I'm trying to sleep and the last thing I need is you two talking loudly especially about the scummy royals'. My mum shouted up 'you're scum, go get something' the latter part clearly being a reference to her thinking I am single (jokes on her as I have a girlfriend I still haven't told her about). Made me laugh her saying I am scum as well in defence of the Royals. Dp I hoard billions and live in a palace while the homeless a mile from me starve and die? Did I have connections to Jimmy Savile? Was I involved in the Epstein saga? The fact she would defend these embarrassing people known as royals tells me everything these is to know about her. However, even if you have royal sympathies, it gets far worse...;

2) gets visibly angry and moans and the BLM movement, even going as far as turning the TV channel over when footballers take the knee before games. Now, I can sort of understand this in a sense because I agree that all lives matter, not just black lives. It's disgraceful that murdered or raped white kids are forgotten about, for example. However, she clearly doesn't understand the social and historic marginalising of blacks (I'd be amazed if she even knows what slavery was tbh) and why BLM hence exists. She goes on about George Floyd being a criminal but the BLM movement is far bigger than him;

3) she's a tory and defends Boris Johnson constantly, and mocks Nicola Sturgeon. She unsurprisingly voted no to Scottish independence back in 2014 like some of my dimwit, clueless female cousins, not because she did her research you see, but simply because she supports Rangers (I do too but I am not a bigot), more on that in a minute. Despite the Tory and Johnson frightening ineptitude when coronavirtus hit and the fact they have literally killed people, she has constantly defended him and said 'that poor man, I feel so sorry for him, with everyone blaming him for what is going on'. Seriously, a working-class female having sympathy for a rich, privileged party and man who do everything in their power to hamper the lives and prospects of her, her son (me) and the working-class in general? Is this Stockholm Syndrome or is she genuinely that clueless?;

4) she moans about immigrants or refugees and how the country should put Brits first. I have felt like telling her about all the ex-pat Brits in other countries, or about how she doesn't work (not her fault, she has asthma, is obese and is unfit to work) and immigrants coming to the country actually work harder than she does. Or how it isn't someone's fault that they were born in a poor or war torn country and she can't take credit for being born in a wealthier nation. It's a national version of the postcode lottery. Why are we entitled to more just because we were born here and immigrants weren't? Show's how unwelcoming she is, and how narrow-minded and prejudiced she is;

5) This is probably the kicker. She's been involved in the Orange Order due to her being a Rangers fan (this sectarianism is actually a huge problem in the West of Scotland and a big thing in my extended family, which is part of why I wish I had been born into a different extended family) and even now sings songs about hating catholics and 'Fenian bastards' (now, I don't believe she wants catholics to die or anything but like so many protestants in the West of Scotland she hates the Republic of Ireland, sings fuck the Pope etc, not that I have any love for the Catholic church and their dodgy ways, but then she has an issue with them just due to lack of education).

In summation, my mum has a very poor education (unlike me) and is far less intelligent than me, but that doesn't stop her running her big mouth about things she doesn't even bother researching. She was watching a quiz show the other day and didn't even know the years in which World War II started and finished ffs. I'm not asking her to be a great academic (I'm no whizz kid either), but at least have some good knowledge on these things before spouting crap.

Don't get me wrong, she has done a lot for me. She brought me up, made sure we had lots of presents at Xmas, makes my dinners most nights, has generally been a good mum. But I don't see why I should feel guilty about my negative feelings for her because of these things. Ultimately being a good mum (most of the time) means nothing when you're so narrow-minded. I'm ashamed of her and if I wasn't trapped in this house with her due to my mental health issues I would leave and never come back.

TLDR - my mum is a bigot and I wish I could get away from her. This has been a loooong post so if you made it this far I salute you.

L

Lizaje

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Can you repay her for carrying you inside her for 9 months?

Ramson mash

Ramson mash

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Are you trying to be sarcastic?
Trying to start an argument, i would ignore.

Nice to see you back @Mario82

Its sad there are people on both sides who are brainwashed. They want to feel like they are part of something bigger, they march around the streets in orange sash, banging drums so as to stick two fingers up to the other side, to remind them of a war that happened over 400 years ago.
Are any of them really even practicing Catholic or Protestants?..No, i dont think so
Its backwards mate, both sides need to get a grip, because in my opinion both Ireland and Scotland have a major problem. And the peoples need, to identify with something so strongly.
As you know i am a proud Celtic fan, but i can tell you from experience that there is just as many knuckle draggers and bigots over here.
Best thing to do is make plans to escape these narrowminded people

Mario82

Mario82

Taking a break
No. I'm asking how will you repay her for carrying you inside her for 9 months.
Why should I? Did I ask to be born.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mario82

Mario82

Taking a break
Trying to start an argument, i would ignore.

Nice to see you back @Mario82

Its sad there are people on both sides who are brainwashed. They want to feel like they are part of something bigger, they march around the streets in orange sash, banging drums so as to stick two fingers up to the other side, to remind them of a war that happened over 400 years ago.
Are any of them really even practicing Catholic or Protestants?..No, i dont think so
Its backwards mate, both sides need to get a grip, because in my opinion both Ireland and Scotland have a major problem. And the peoples need, to identify with something so strongly.
As you know i am a proud Celtic fan, but i can tell you from experience that there is just as many knuckle draggers and bigots over here.
Best thing to do is make plans to escape these narrowminded people
I agree, but I thought you had a problem with me because I called Ronaldo an ugly fucker Then you called me an imbecile.

Ramson mash

Ramson mash

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I agree, but I thought you had a problem with me because I called Ronaldo an ugly fucker Then you called me an imbecile.
No mate, i hold no grudges. You were passionate about the subject of Ronaldo's facial bone structure, leo dicaprio's aswell. We shared a couple of digs but nothing major. I shouldnt have called you an imbecile,...that was due to you calling me a Ronaldo fanboy which was highly unfair 😄
But no hard feelings and genuinly glad you have returned

Mario82

Mario82

Taking a break
No mate, i hold no grudges. You were passionate about the subject of Ronaldo's facial bone structure, leo dicaprio's aswell. We shared a couple of digs but nothing major. I shouldnt have called you an imbecile,...that was due to you calling me a Ronaldo fanboy which was highly unfair 😄
But no hard feelings and genuinly glad you have returned
Fair enough. Good to see you as well.

E

Elisante

Taking a break
That's awful. A lot of people are not lucky enough to be born these days.

I understand why you think she is ignorant when it comes to the first and the last point. But honestly, the rest of them are just opinions. You hate your own mother and underestimate her intelligence because she has different opinions. She has every right to get annoyed with immigrants and the BLM movement. And she has every right to vote for the political party she wants. I've never seen a most demeaning post about someone's own mother tbh. I felt bad for her, just from reading this. Btw, does this actually belong in the debate chamber?

Mario82

Mario82

Taking a break
That's awful. A lot of people are not lucky enough to be born these days.

I understand why you think she is ignorant when it comes to the first and the last point. But honestly, the rest of them are just opinions. You hate your own mother and underestimate her intelligence because she has different opinions. She has every right to get annoyed with immigrants and the BLM movement. And she has every right to vote for the political party she wants. I've never seen a most demeaning post about someone's own mother tbh. I felt bad for her, just from reading this. Btw, does this actually belong in the debate chamber?
With all due respect, I have noticed you're a very right leaning poster.
It's not her opinions in isolation, it's the combination of them which tell you about her world view.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lizaje

ACCOUNT CLOSED
According to my faith —yes, you did.

But besides that, you're mother has done so much for you — all I mentioned was her pregnancy. You disrespect her for no reason whatsoever. Hopefully, you're very young and learn to do better soon.

E

Elisante

Taking a break
With all due respect, I have noticed you're a very right leaning poster.
It's not her opinions in isolation, it's the combination of them which tell you about her world view.
What do my political opinions have to do with anything?
Could you truly disown your mother because of her worldview thought?

Ladyfair

Ladyfair

It's been abundantly clear to me for a long time that my mum is a prejudiced, ignorant, narrow-minded idiot (although I didn't want to admit it due to some misplaced sense of obligation to her).

Here are some of her beliefs:

1) loves the Royal Family and gets angry and shouts every time I criticise them. Tonight while I was trying to sleep I heard her and our neighbour downstairs discussing them and their opinions on various members (because they speak so fucking loudly. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at them saying they 'love' various royals, despite the fact these very same royals would see all us working-class people as inferior scum. When I finally shouted down I said 'gonna shut up, I'm trying to sleep and the last thing I need is you two talking loudly especially about the scummy royals'. My mum shouted up 'you're scum, go get something' the latter part clearly being a reference to her thinking I am single (jokes on her as I have a girlfriend I still haven't told her about). Made me laugh her saying I am scum as well in defence of the Royals. Dp I hoard billions and live in a palace while the homeless a mile from me starve and die? Did I have connections to Jimmy Savile? Was I involved in the Epstein saga? The fact she would defend these embarrassing people known as royals tells me everything these is to know about her. However, even if you have royal sympathies, it gets far worse...;

2) gets visibly angry and moans and the BLM movement, even going as far as turning the TV channel over when footballers take the knee before games. Now, I can sort of understand this in a sense because I agree that all lives matter, not just black lives. It's disgraceful that murdered or raped white kids are forgotten about, for example. However, she clearly doesn't understand the social and historic marginalising of blacks (I'd be amazed if she even knows what slavery was tbh) and why BLM hence exists. She goes on about George Floyd being a criminal but the BLM movement is far bigger than him;

3) she's a tory and defends Boris Johnson constantly, and mocks Nicola Sturgeon. She unsurprisingly voted no to Scottish independence back in 2014 like some of my dimwit, clueless female cousins, not because she did her research you see, but simply because she supports Rangers (I do too but I am not a bigot), more on that in a minute. Despite the Tory and Johnson frightening ineptitude when coronavirtus hit and the fact they have literally killed people, she has constantly defended him and said 'that poor man, I feel so sorry for him, with everyone blaming him for what is going on'. Seriously, a working-class female having sympathy for a rich, privileged party and man who do everything in their power to hamper the lives and prospects of her, her son (me) and the working-class in general? Is this Stockholm Syndrome or is she genuinely that clueless?;

4) she moans about immigrants or refugees and how the country should put Brits first. I have felt like telling her about all the ex-pat Brits in other countries, or about how she doesn't work (not her fault, she has asthma, is obese and is unfit to work) and immigrants coming to the country actually work harder than she does. Or how it isn't someone's fault that they were born in a poor or war torn country and she can't take credit for being born in a wealthier nation. It's a national version of the postcode lottery. Why are we entitled to more just because we were born here and immigrants weren't? Show's how unwelcoming she is, and how narrow-minded and prejudiced she is;

5) This is probably the kicker. She's been involved in the Orange Order due to her being a Rangers fan (this sectarianism is actually a huge problem in the West of Scotland and a big thing in my extended family, which is part of why I wish I had been born into a different extended family) and even now sings songs about hating catholics and 'Fenian bastards' (now, I don't believe she wants catholics to die or anything but like so many protestants in the West of Scotland she hates the Republic of Ireland, sings fuck the Pope etc, not that I have any love for the Catholic church and their dodgy ways, but then she has an issue with them just due to lack of education).

In summation, my mum has a very poor education (unlike me) and is far less intelligent than me, but that doesn't stop her running her big mouth about things she doesn't even bother researching. She was watching a quiz show the other day and didn't even know the years in which World War II started and finished ffs. I'm not asking her to be a great academic (I'm no whizz kid either), but at least have some good knowledge on these things before spouting crap.

Don't get me wrong, she has done a lot for me. She brought me up, made sure we had lots of presents at Xmas, makes my dinners most nights, has generally been a good mum. But I don't see why I should feel guilty about my negative feelings for her because of these things. Ultimately being a good mum (most of the time) means nothing when you're so narrow-minded. I'm ashamed of her and if I wasn't trapped in this house with her due to my mental health issues I would leave and never come back.

TLDR - my mum is a bigot and I wish I could get away from her. This has been a loooong post so if you made it this far I salute you.

I would just like to say my mother passed away several years ago. I miss her so much, you still have you mum try to see her in a different way. You never get over losing a parent believe me it hurts.

L

Lizaje

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I would just like to say my mother passed away several years ago. I miss her so much, you still have you mum try to see her in a different way. You never get over losing a parent believe me it hurts.
I must say, I lost mine some 14 years ago as a child and I don't miss her anymore.