• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

My multiple personalities

LexiDoll

LexiDoll

Hey guys,

I've been meaning to post about this but I've been feeling pretty silly about it due to the nature. The thing is, I've got quite a few different personalities, some I like and some that scare me. I'm getting help for them soon but I thought talking about them might help a little.

So, I'm going to say what each of them is like. The problem is, I don't know which one is the real me. That is terrifying. I worry that I'm one of the few I dislike and am scared of.

#1: I love this personality. She is super confident, easy-going, ambitious, funny and so much fun to be around. She wants to be an entertainer; a dancer, a model, anything that requires her to move around since she's so energetic and bubbly that she cannot sit still. She's very carefree and doesn't worry much. She likes to take things as they go. She enjoys doing sports, lots of hobbies, she is very talented and thrives in her creativity, ambition and wants. This is the personality I most desire to be like full-time.

#2: This personality is easily controlled and very dependent. She asks for other's opinions on things and then does what everyone else wants. She's very caring and tries to help others but doesn't care about herself. She's very antisocial, depressed and wants to do a job based on what her parents want (a nurse/business manager/lawyer etc) rather than what SHE wants. She is who I am quite often, but wish to shake her off.

#3: This personality scares me. She is angry, aggressive and abusive. She wants to kill herself and SH no matter how many times the other personalities tell her not to or her partner tells her not to. She will blow up over ANYTHING. She will throw things around and slam doors and fight with people (verbally) for no reason. She only comes around when I am having a bad day and everything seems to be going wrong. I'm terrified of her.

#4: This personality has no idea what she wants. If you try asking her her career plans, her hobbies, what she likes to eat, what she likes to do, she will ask others for ideas instead of having her own thoughts. She is sort of like P#2 but a lot more extreme. She pops up a few times a week but she is a basket case, pretty much.

I've thought about giving them names to help me identify them more but I'm not sure, is that a good idea? It might make it easier, especially if I post as one of the other personalities, since right now I am #2. I can't remember if I have any more, I'm sure I do, but my memory is awful these days.

So...If I do remember any more I'll post them. I'm feeling very vulnerable and exposed after this but I hope I'll feel better and I hope this will help me understand my condition more, because even I have trouble understanding it sometimes.

BlueBerry

BlueBerry

Hi LexiDoll, hope you're doing a little better. I've read some of your posts today and you sound like you've been having a rough time. :hug:

Can I ask if these personalities are literal "split personalities" resulting from Dissociative Identity Disorder? Or is it more a case of unstable identity and mood swings associated with things like Borderline Personality Disorder? (i.e. feeling like a totally different person varying with your mood or the situation)

LexiDoll

LexiDoll

Hi LexiDoll, hope you're doing a little better. I've read some of your posts today and you sound like you've been having a rough time. :hug:

Can I ask if these personalities are literal "split personalities" resulting from Dissociative Identity Disorder? Or is it more a case of unstable identity and mood swings associated with things like Borderline Personality Disorder? (i.e. feeling like a totally different person varying with your mood or the situation)
They are literal split personalities, I never remember anything that happens when one of my alters takes over. It's quite frightening, it's been going on for a while. Like my protective alter even tried breaking up with my fiance because she was afraid he would hurt me. She doesn't do it as much anymore, but sometimes. I really do sound absolutely mad. :/

T

totenkopf

Very interesting post I find stuff like this fascinating, the human mind really is such a complex machine and so vast and varied you can see how mankind has made it to space!