My mother

M

Malfoy 13

My mother and I are real close but we are slowly losing compassion for each other. We are together 24/7 both are very depressed. And no car no jobs. Its not healthy I don't know what to do. We are getting on each other's nerves. We still love each other. But we have no life. Ever day is the same. It hard and I don't know how much longer I can keep living like this.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

My mother and I are real close but we are slowly losing compassion for each other. We are together 24/7 both are very depressed. And no car no jobs. Its not healthy I don't know what to do. We are getting on each other's nerves. We still love each other. But we have no life. Ever day is the same. It hard and I don't know how much longer I can keep living like this.
I am very sorry you feel that way.
Have you tried any counseling? And I don’t mean therapy. Counseling where you receive guidance and support to resolve some life problems. You should check with your local human services office. If they don’t have help, they sure have information and referrals to other agencies.

I hope things get better for both of you.

M

Malfoy 13

When she is depressed. I'm always the one try to make her feel better. But when im depressed I'm on my own. She says she doesn't know that to says.

M

Malfoy 13

When I tell her I feel hurt. She then says "well I'm sorry I'm a bad mother" which then makes me feel even worse for saying anything.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

I think you and your mother are feeding into each other’s depression. Try to get out of the house for a bit. It’s ok to not see your mom for an hour or 2. We all need be alone sometimes. Have you looked for any help??

M

Malfoy 13

None of us can get out of the house .we only have one car and it broke. I've tried to get to see a therapist but she won't do it. She doesn't think it's fair that she gets help and not me.i don't have any Insurance

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

That’s a tough situation to be in. You should search for free mental health services on google in your area. There are churches that offer help and services as well. Some churches will have ride help or sometimes they get cars to be donated for those in need. If you were close to me, I wouldn’t hold any efforts to help. I really encourage you to look for help. You will be surprised.

RoseGoldBoi

RoseGoldBoi

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It could be a broundry issue at this point. I don't know the dynamic between you and your mother is but no one has ever been thrown in jail for telling a family member "I can't always be there when you're upset, I have my own shit going on". The world won't stop turning if you look for a solution for your depression as well. It sounds like your mother is projecting when she says 'well I guess I'm a bad mother'. Then again, I don't know your mother or your relationship so. Adults living with eachother is complex.

M

Malfoy 13

We have always lived with each other. She has to many medical problem to live on her own. I don't mine her living with her. She is the only one who really loves and understands me. When I was working or she was working we never really had any problems. It's just hard on us being cooped up all the time. 24/7

RoseGoldBoi

RoseGoldBoi

ACCOUNT CLOSED
We have always lived with each other. She has to many medical problem to live on her own. I don't mine her living with her. She is the only one who really loves and understands me. When I was working or she was working we never really had any problems. It's just hard on us being cooped up all the time. 24/7
I hear you. I live in asmall town with shit all to do. I don't have any friends so I never get a good reason to get out unless its to curb the cabin fever/isolation. It makes you wanna rip your hair out being in the house sometimes.