• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

My mother won't seek help.

C

CA83

My mother has suffered from mental health problems for a long time now. She was diagnosed with Schizophrenia about 15 years ago. However she did not get on well with the medication and had a general bad experience with health care services. She has now developed a mis-trust of mental health professionals and won't seek help.

I am particularly concerned as she relies on me quite heavily and I seem to be able to calm her down when she's going through a bad patch when others can't but I've been offered a job overseas, so will be away for a year or two. I'm very worried about how she'll cope while I'm away.

If anyone has any advice about how to get help for her when she is very strongly against the idea of getting professional help then I'd really appreciate it.

Many thanks

F

forever

make some plans

Talk to the family GP with your concerns...ask a friend to keep a watch and keep you informed..you can still be there when overseas by phone/txt. You will still be there in spirit and you must get that through to yourself. But you have a life too and two lives must not be recked by this..so go and enjoy but keep the door open in your heart.

iffybob

iffybob

Others

Have bad experiences with MH profs ........ I can understand that....

There are others, try talking to "MIND", they may not be able to help you specificaly but they will prob know peps that can.

You could try an internet search, find groups in your area.

Hope that helps ......... boB ....... :)