• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

My mother in law hurt my feelings

S

Shanique

Good night every one! So I recently found out that I was pregnant. Anyways today my husband went to pick up his mother from work and I was in the car and I shared with her that I was pregnant. Once I told her the first thing that came out her mouth was "so how are you going go have a baby and you're crazy" then she started laughing. I said to her I'm not crazy and then the conversation ended. I told my husband she hurt my feeling and his reply was "every thing you get upset about". Do you guys think that i'm overreacting?

Ladyfair

Ladyfair

Good night every one! So I recently found out that I was pregnant. Anyways today my husband went to pick up his mother from work and I was in the car and I shared with her that I was pregnant. Once I told her the first thing that came out her mouth was "so how are you going go have a baby and you're crazy" then she started laughing. I said to her I'm not crazy and then the conversation ended. I told my husband she hurt my feeling and his reply was "every thing you get upset about". Do you guys think that i'm overreacting?
Hi I don't think your over reacting at all. Why would she say that? I would be upset as well. Your husband sounds like my sister, he should ask her why she said such a thing. Congratulations!😊

S

Shanique

Thank you😊
Exactly! That's the reason I didn't want to share my anxiety disorder with her because now she's taking it for a joke. I wish I had kepted it to myself.

S

Shanique

And also my husband didn't think anything was wrong because she's his mom

Ladyfair

Ladyfair

Sorry if I am wrong, but being a husband and son also I'll never want to create a mess between my wife and my mother to creating it a big issue. Yes I agree with the bad reaction of your mother-in-law was wrong but you need to let such things go. As it is a part of married life.
If that's a part of married life I'm happy I'm single. Her mother in law should apologize and sometimes it's hard to let things go. Her husband should have asked his mother to apologize after all that is his wife.

J

jamraspberry

I have a brother who is just like your mother in law...judgemental family members are a pain on the neck... you are not alone @Shanique :grouphug:

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

everyone hurts my feelings now! Horrible but I stay positive and keep my head up

H

Huckleberry

I don't think you are overreacting. I believe that was very condescending and rude. Straight up sub- humanizing you