My mother has cancer... ;(

T

TheGagagirl1234

I've had this gut feeling that something was wrong with my mother since she started having problems with one of her eyes. I thought that it could be cancer without knowing about symptoms of the disease at all. But today my gut feeling got stronger because she wanted me to take a day off from work which really made me worried. She never does that and I thought that something definitely was wrong. When I came home she told me the sad news - she had actually got cancer. It freaked me out because my intuition has been correct about almost everything for the past year. I've been crying nonstop for two hours. I really hate my intuition right now. It's scary that I'm almost always right about everything in every situation. I'm really worried right now, and I'm so sad. If she dies then I lose everything. I only trust my mother and family members because of bullying in the past but my mother and I have something special together - a special connection I don't have with anyone else. Is there anything I can do to help her?

S

seekingsense

I'm very sorry that you've had to hear this horrible news. I'm not sure what to say about the intuition etc but it's strange, sometimes you just seem to know. My only advice is to be there for her when she needs you. I'm not sure what her prognosis is but while you are going through this I think that by allowing her to share how she's feeling will be one of the most important things that you can do. That way she can direct how discussions etc go and from that you can see what her fears, needs, plans are etc. I hope that you are able to stay strong and wish you and your mum the best.

Unique1

Unique1

I'm so sorry to hear this news about your mum.
hopefully they can treat her, lots of cancers can be treated successfully now.
I do hope so.

Thinking of you
Come and talk to us anytime you feel the need.

Unique xx

H

htimreimer

i understand ware you're at, the only bid of advice i can give you is you need to give her as much support as you can, i know its hard not to get emotional about this but crying is not going to help her, diseases like this can destroy her mental health no matter how strong she is and she going to need a lot of support to get through this.

My mother had womb cancer and is currently fighting a rare disorder called gastroparesis and is on a feeding tube, she is a strong lady but even she needs a lot of support to get through some of her worst days and that's what your mom needs

T

TheGagagirl1234

Thanks for your replies! I've talked to her a lot this morning. She doesn't seem to be bothered by the disease, however. She is currently in treatment, but we still don't know about the results yet.

C

Crazy Lady In Stanton

I am sorry that you and your mom are going through this. When I was a four years old, my baby brother had cancer, so I know that you are experiencing a lot of fear and grief right now. All I can tell you is that you need to love your mom as much as you can. Spend as much time with her as you can. I hope she makes a speedy recovery. My brother recovered after all the doctors said he was going to die, so I know people do recover from cancer. My brother is now forty and has three beautiful children, one of them nearly grown. So there is hope for your mom. I'm sending you and your mom lots of hugs. :hug1: