• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

My mon scares me

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

That's some of the problem. I believe my mom in her well mental state would both feel and be very vocal about me not being there for her. She would expect for me to visit every day and do more. She would expect me to have her live with me. I have never been able to meet her expectations. There was always more that she wanted and quick at making me feel like less.

She's always been vocal about me not doing enough for her. She always comments what would people think, what kind of daughter am I, if people only knew etc. I have tried to be a good daughter.

I am so angry in the moment. It will cool down to sad again. That's my two constant emotions lately.

H

hairybanana

That's some of the problem. I believe my mom in her well mental state would both feel and be very vocal about me not being there for her. She would expect for me to visit every day and do more. She would expect me to have her live with me. I have never been able to meet her expectations. There was always more that she wanted and quick at making me feel like less.

She's always been vocal about me not doing enough for her. She always comments what would people think, what kind of daughter am I, if people only knew etc. I have tried to be a good daughter.

I am so angry in the moment. It will cool down to sad again. That's my two constant emotions lately.
Ooph, I’m sorry Sign. Doesn’t sound like a very healthy relationship hey? Well lets take her out of the equation for a minute and think about what is best for you right now. She is safe, recieving good care, that is what’s important. She’s taken care of. Are you?

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

Hi, thanks. Not feeling well right now. I have both a therapy appointment and a meeting with the support group that I joined this week. I want to do 30 minutes of house cleaning tonight. Hope and plan to cook dinner at least once this week for my family. Feel intimidated by the start of another week. 💗xo

H

hairybanana

Hi, thanks. Not feeling well right now. I have both a therapy appointment and a meeting with the support group that I joined this week. I want to do 30 minutes of house cleaning tonight. Hope and plan to cook dinner at least once this week for my family. Feel intimidated by the start of another week. 💗xo
Don’t worry anout the rest of the week right now. Just stick to one day at a time. I wouldn’t go doing too much too soon especially when you’ve got support group and therapy on. That’ll likely take a lot out of you mentally. One goal a day is easier to manage I think, and more realistic. If I have therapy on I don’t plan to do anything else that day.

In my head I’ve been thinking food is the priority today for us, so im going to drag my ass to the supermarket and cook up dinner tonight. Boy has asked for taco’s, so taco’s it is.

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

Don’t worry anout the rest of the week right now. Just stick to one day at a time. I wouldn’t go doing too much too soon especially when you’ve got support group and therapy on. That’ll likely take a lot out of you mentally. One goal a day is easier to manage I think, and more realistic. If I have therapy on I don’t plan to do anything else that day.

In my head I’ve been thinking food is the priority today for us, so im going to drag my ass to the supermarket and cook up dinner tonight. Boy has asked for taco’s, so taco’s it is.
I did an hour of house cleaning, so that feels good.
Yes, on the days I have therapy it's after work, so I don't schedule or do anything else but therapy and walking my dog once I'm home on those days because it does make me feel tired. The last time, I fell asleep for several hours after.

Enjoy your tacos with your son and have a good night. 🌮🌮💗:hug:

H

hairybanana

I did an hour of house cleaning, so that feels good.
Yes, on the days I have therapy it's after work, so I don't schedule or do anything else but therapy and walking my dog once I'm home on those days because it does make me feel tired. The last time, I fell asleep for several hours after.

Enjoy your tacos with your son and have a good night. 🌮🌮💗:hug:
Awesome work, can get a lot of cleaning done in an hour 💪

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

Tomorrow is another day.
Taking things a day at a time. Feeling sad. Feels like I am the driver on a road with a dead end and my passengers think we can go somewhere. I can't explain how I feel but it's scary and unsettling. Aside from needing support in dealing with care of my mom, there is so much more haunting me. Not even sure if this is the root. Probably not, but is causing so much stress.

Feeling alone and that it's not even fair or okay to feel this way. I know that my mom is feeling sad and alone too.

I am in need of professional mental health support that I haven't been able to find. Starting to not feel that it would help.

Please don't stop talking to me here. That is what I want to say. I've said it, but don't feel that I should have. The loneliness is a painful feeling.

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

@Signofthetimes, you may be a fairly new forum buddy but your a good one, some of the hug reactions you have put on my posts have been just what I needed at the time to get me through a rough spot.

:grouphug:

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

@Signofthetimes, you may be a fairly new forum buddy but your a good one, some of the hug reactions you have put on my posts have been just what I needed at the time to get me through a rough spot.

:grouphug:
Hi, Thank you. The same here. Thank you for the hugs and care. You're a beautiful person. There's a lot of kindness in what you share here on the forum and it gives me much to think about. xo
💗:hug1:💗

H

hairybanana

Tomorrow is another day.
Taking things a day at a time. Feeling sad. Feels like I am the driver on a road with a dead end and my passengers think we can go somewhere. I can't explain how I feel but it's scary and unsettling. Aside from needing support in dealing with care of my mom, there is so much more haunting me. Not even sure if this is the root. Probably not, but is causing so much stress.

Feeling alone and that it's not even fair or okay to feel this way. I know that my mom is feeling sad and alone too.

I am in need of professional mental health support that I haven't been able to find. Starting to not feel that it would help.

Please don't stop talking to me here. That is what I want to say. I've said it, but don't feel that I should have. The loneliness is a painful feeling.
Im sorry to see you’re going through a rough time Sign, it’s completely understandable you’re feeling lonely and isolated given what’s happening with your mum. I can only imagine how difficult it is trying to navigate it all.

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

Im sorry to see you’re going through a rough time Sign, it’s completely understandable you’re feeling lonely and isolated given what’s happening with your mum. I can only imagine how difficult it is trying to navigate it all.
Thank you. My mind is scattered. I'm scattered and I need to just be, so that I can help and not lose myself in everything. 💗