• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

My mom doesn't understand me

V

Val21

Hi, first of all I wanna say that I don't speak English well, so please have an understanding.
I have binge eating disorder for about a year now. I tryed a lot of things and nothing was working for me. I feel so tired, so traped in that circle and my mom doesn't uderstand me. I'm not sure that she knows what binge eating disorder is. So I found this forum yesterday, and come here again today to ask for help, or advices.
Even though I don't English well I hope you understood me and that someone is in the mood for help.
Have a great day!🙂

K

karl7

Hi, first of all I wanna say that I don't speak English well, so please have an understanding.
I have binge eating disorder for about a year now. I tryed a lot of things and nothing was working for me. I feel so tired, so traped in that circle and my mom doesn't uderstand me. I'm not sure that she knows what binge eating disorder is. So I found this forum yesterday, and come here again today to ask for help, or advices.
Even though I don't English well I hope you understood me and that someone is in the mood for help.
Have a great day!🙂
im sorry youre having such a tough time at the moment....are you seeing a doctor or psychiatrist to deal with your eating disorder, if not you should....by the way your english is excellent

K

katwomyn3

What I have learned is that my eating disorder is not about my weight. Typing this or seems kind of like missing the point. But focusing on food is a symptom about other thing(s). I focused on food and weight because other things in my life were overwhelming and out of control. My coping mechanism turned to weight control. If I controlled my weight, then all these other things that made my life almost unbearable, would be ok. If I had a hard day, then eating what I wanted would numb or distract the hardships I was enduring. It was ok. Because I would do this thing(eating a lot, exercising, not eating) it would go away. Deeply, it’s not about the food, it’s not about the weight. It’s about something else in your life that makes you feels powerless and out of control. And sadly, family cannot help you. We need to look at other places for help.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Eating Disorders Forum 3
Scapes1986 Eating Disorders Forum 20