• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

My mind has shut down...

T

The Lone Dragon

...or at least slowed down.

My thoughts, behaviour and responses are all slowed. Like I am not thinking.

I am too tired for opinions.

My life has become bland.

I am boring, stupid, and a waste of time. I feel numb, not down, not up, not anything, I just do not feel.

In my world, I no longer associate with emotion, and it is too rational, it is boring, it is bland.

I do not achieve, I do not succeed, I am tired all the time but cannot fall asleep easily, this isn't what I have been like for a while, but even then; not like this.

Before, when I could feel, I had emotion. Now I am just a bag of skin and bones; less emotion than your average robot.

I am nothing...

I am leaving a medication, but even this glimmer of hope fails to give me a feeling.

My life has become grey.

O

OrangeCrush

I have found for me that when changing meds, I am in quite a strange place, cannot trust what my mind is telling me....

I am sorry to hear that you are in this place. :(

A

amber1

I understand the feeling of numbness and exhaustion...it's hard for me to contribute intelligently to a conversation these days. I relate to your post, but you have felt differently in the past and hopefully you will again in the future lone dragon.

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi TLD,

Sorry to hear you've been feeling this way. I hope that things have improved for you over the past few days. How are you feeling now?

P

purple_elephants

Dragon,

I wish my brain would just STFU to tell you the truth. I have the opposite problem, but have had the mind-numbing, can't think drudge as well.

I agree with the others; have you had a change of meds that could've caused these feelings, or lack there of? Also, severe apathy can be a sign of depression. Do you think that you are taking a turn down the dark rabbit hole of depression?

Whatever the cause/ reason, I hope that you feel better. Maybe you should call you pdoc and tell them what you told us? I know it is hard to do so, getting the energy/ care to call, but they might be able to help.

T

The Lone Dragon

I have now started to 'feel' again....

I am fortunately away from this place in which I once was. And hopefully it will be (at least) a long time before my next visit.

Thank you all, for all the support.

I can often hardly understand myself, let alone expect others to understand me, so thank you for the sincere, and kind responses.

Purple Chaos; I am now feeling quite a lot better, as though my mind can breathe again, and peace has been restored. I can now look forward instead of being ever stuck in a fleeting moment.

purple_elephants, yes, I can see where you are coming from. But it can be so hard to visualise opposites when at either end - if you see what I mean?

Honestly, I really am grateful for all your kind responses...

TLD

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

I'm glad things have improved and that peace has been restored. It all sounds good. I hope you're continuing to make progress and I wish you well.