• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

My life is not going to get better.

Fairy Fountain

Fairy Fountain

It's just getting worse. I'm a complete failure. I can't do anything right. I remember people would say: "Life gets better. Those who bullied you will feel sorry one day." Well then why are the people who bullied me living successful lives and I'm over here gaining weight, dealing with mental illness, PCOS, and I have to take all these medications to get through everyday. I'm so tired of life. I really am. I'm just a loser.

H

Helen1960

You poor soul. Unfortunately horrible people so often have good lives. We're told karma will.come and punish them. I'm sad to say that doesn't happen, not in my life.

Mental illness tells us such horrible things. That's the cruelty of it. I've been struggling loads recently.

You are not a loser. You are ill and it takes courage to get through each day. We do get through our days. I hope that one day things improve for you.

HLon99

HLon99

Life is tough for people with mental disorders, there is no getting past that. If I believed there was any justice in the world, people who bully and abuse would face very real consequences for their actions. But despite the lack of any obvious punishment for actions in the short run, I do believe that these individuals will eventually face Karma or some kind of spiritual punishment, be it in this life or the next.

Often below the veneer of success in these individuals, there is often a lot of dirt and dysfuction below the surface. People who lack moral fibre face unhappy marriages, love affairs, cheating and lying, career problems, superficial friendships and in one way or another are tortured by their conscience.

You owe it to yourself to be the best you can possibly be. Life will never be ideal, you have to accept that. But it will get better, trust me. We have to struggle a lot more than those who 'have it good' but it makes us stronger people in the end. Never choose the easy path in life, because the path that makes your feet bleed is the only way to get ahead in life.

I've been reading a lot of philosophy recently and one of my favourite quotes is from Marcus Aurelius:
The greatest revenge is to be unlike the one who caused the injury.

I personally have had moments of weakness when I have sunk to the levels of those who did me wrong in order to avenge my pride. But I always felt shitty after, perpetuating the cycle of misery. Rise above it, choose to live life on your own terms and only then you will be free.

Fairy Fountain

Fairy Fountain

You poor soul. Unfortunately horrible people so often have good lives. We're told karma will.come and punish them. I'm sad to say that doesn't happen, not in my life.

Mental illness tells us such horrible things. That's the cruelty of it. I've been struggling loads recently.

You are not a loser. You are ill and it takes courage to get through each day. We do get through our days. I hope that one day things improve for you.
Thank you. Hope you're doing well. It is awful with the way things work in life sometimes. It feels like the world supports bullies. That's the feeling I get.

Fairy Fountain

Fairy Fountain

Life is tough for people with mental disorders, there is no getting past that. If I believed there was any justice in the world, people who bully and abuse would face very real consequences for their actions. But despite the lack of any obvious punishment for actions in the short run, I do believe that these individuals will eventually face Karma or some kind of spiritual punishment, be it in this life or the next.

Often below the veneer of success in these individuals, there is often a lot of dirt and dysfuction below the surface. People who lack moral fibre face unhappy marriages, love affairs, cheating and lying, career problems, superficial friendships and in one way or another are tortured by their conscience.

You owe it to yourself to be the best you can possibly be. Life will never be ideal, you have to accept that. But it will get better, trust me. We have to struggle a lot more than those who 'have it good' but it makes us stronger people in the end. Never choose the easy path in life, because the path that makes your feet bleed is the only way to get ahead in life.

I've been reading a lot of philosophy recently and one of my favourite quotes is from Marcus Aurelius:
The greatest revenge is to be unlike the one who caused the injury.

I personally have had moments of weakness when I have sunk to the levels of those who did me wrong in order to avenge my pride. But I always felt shitty after, perpetuating the cycle of misery. Rise above it, choose to live life on your own terms and only then you will be free.
Hello and thank you for this response. Reading it made me feel better. I try to stop thinking about bullies and just focus on my own life, but I keep remembering the days I ran into them online and seeing how successful they are. One girl who treated me terribly is now in an Ivy League school and travelling the world (before the virus). I can't even speak to people without feeling anxious. I feel like everything I do just ends in failure. But thank you for this comment. Hope you're doing well.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Thank you. Hope you're doing well. It is awful with the way things work in life sometimes. It feels like the world supports bullies. That's the feeling I get.
I agree that the world supports bullies and it is very disappointing that things seem to be this way. Everyone is on their own path in life and it is important to try to honor the places we are at at any given time. There are only winners and losers at life if we choose to see things that way. Struggles are real and I genuinely believe that not everyone is meant to live the successful and carefree lives that seem to be easily attained by some. Try to love you for where you are at right now. Look to the future with your own perspectives, values and judgments on what is important to you. xo, j

Fairy Fountain

Fairy Fountain

I agree that the world supports bullies and it is very disappointing that things seem to be this way. Everyone is on their own path in life and it is important to try to honor the places we are at at any given time. There are only winners and losers at life if we choose to see things that way. Struggles are real and I genuinely believe that not everyone is meant to live the successful and carefree lives that seem to be easily attained by some. Try to love you for where you are at right now. Look to the future with your own perspectives, values and judgments on what it important to you. xo, j
Thank you. I'll try to. I'm trying to become interested in life again and focus on what I love. Hope you're doing well.

HLon99

HLon99

Hello and thank you for this response. Reading it made me feel better. I try to stop thinking about bullies and just focus on my own life, but I keep remembering the days I ran into them online and seeing how successful they are. One girl who treated me terribly is now in an Ivy League school and travelling the world (before the virus). I can't even speak to people without feeling anxious. I feel like everything I do just ends in failure. But thank you for this comment. Hope you're doing well.
Never judge your personal success against that of other people, especially those people who you don't like or respect. You have different goals, values, struggles; so its like comparing apples to calculators. You are not a failiure, you might be tired, anxious an struggling but you are a fighter! You will come out of this stronger than ever before. I'm doing well thanks and I hope in time you will too.

Fairy Fountain

Fairy Fountain

Never judge your personal success against that of other people, especially those people who you don't like or respect. You have different goals, values, struggles; so its like comparing apples to calculators. You are not a failiure, you might be tired, anxious an struggling but you are a fighter! You will come out of this stronger than ever before. I'm doing well thanks and I hope in time you will too.
Thank you this comment also made me feel better. I agree, comparing myself to others isn't a good idea. Hopefully life will improve. I'll try to continue moving forward. I want to stop thinking about terrible thoughts. I have to see my therapist again and I'll talk about this with her, too. Therapy helps me feel better a bit.

HLon99

HLon99

Thank you this comment also made me feel better. I agree, comparing myself to others isn't a good idea. Hopefully life will improve. I'll try to continue moving forward. I want to stop thinking about terrible thoughts. I have to see my therapist again and I'll talk about this with her, too. Therapy helps me feel better a bit.
I'm glad. You're doing all the right things by engaging with therapy and I'm sure it will help.