My licence was revoked

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
Just found out this morning. I was planning to buy a new car too. I am upset about it.

Foxjo

Foxjo

Forum Safety Team
Forum Guide
Oh Burt thats awful news. Did they give a reason?

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
I just phoned up and they said it was because of a 'recent psychiatric condition'. I have not got the letter yet, but I think they made a mistake. I am going to try and get a letter from my GP saying I am fit to drive.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
it's a bit of a lottery, remember one question they asked on the medical form do you have a cpn go to a day centre or have been in hospital in the last 3 yrs, i could honestly say no, didn't ask that one psychiatrist about driving, one of his patients had been in some big driving case in northern ireland when he was they're psychiatrist

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi Burt,
I'm sorry this has happened, hope it is a mistake.
Take care

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
ask the shrink if he's admitting theres side effects to the drugs though he'll probably say it's the illness

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
The reason they revoked is that they feel my hallucinations and medication side effects can impair my ability to drive.

I just spoke to them. They also said if I get a letter from my doc supporting my application they will review my claim.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
presumably and apparently your hallucinations and med side effects don't effect your ability to work though apparently they effect your ability to drive

considering a lot of jobs require the ability to drive and a clean driving license

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
presumably and apparently your hallucinations and med side effects don't effect your ability to work though apparently they effect your ability to drive
It is ironic, right. Like getting punished for working or something.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
though i've got a provisional license and can drive a scooter, i'm too anxious, one psychiatrist said i'd get anxious on a moped in traffic, i prefer public transport, despite my social anxiety, it's frequent in london and theres no paying for parking or struggleing to find a place