• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

my job

J

jekel1

im waiting for a pyhc appointment beacuse my doctor thinks i need mood satbilzers , if they do say i have manic depression then waht willl happen to my job? will the tablets effect it? im in a low mood this week, i have a cold so ii took the day off . i work in a hospital!! i can feel my self changing a bit to fast thoughts, hiw can i make it stay still?

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Perhaps it might be an idea to take a month off work to let the meds take effect. That said, if your job improves your mood, then perhaps not?

guggy

guggy

If you haven't had psychotic symptoms then you probably can continue working. When I was prescribed Risperidone at high doses I could barely function properly, that thing hinders thinking. I am now on sodium valproate and I had very few side effects from the beginnning, just some gastrointestinal problems that are gone since long.

jax

jax

Mood stabilizers are used in many different illnesses. It is used in depressed patients a lot as it can help lift their mood. Because you may go on mood stabilizers, it does not mean totally that you are Bipolar. Your Pdoc can give a proper assessment and diagnoses when you see him/her. Good luck.
Jacqui

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Bipolar Forum 5
B Bipolar Forum 1