• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

My intrusive thoughts are getting really bad again

L

LostGirl1987

I’m absolutely petrified that my best friend is seeing my ex behind my back. Now there’s no evidence of this whatsoever and no real reason as to why I would think that, but the thought has been playing on my mind over and over recently and it’s doing my absolute head in. The only reason why this thought even came to me is because I know she’s been somewhat friendly with him (as I’ve tried to be myself) and she told me that I need to be careful around him and that he apparently wants to be friends. Now logically speaking, this most likely is just her looking out for me as she doesn’t want me to get hurt again, but for some reason I have this absolute fear of them being together behind my back despite there being no evidence.

I find myself obsessively checking when the two of them were last active on social media. Neither of them were really active tonight until around half 11 which struck me as even more weird because I’m associating them being active at the same time with them having some kind of secret relationship. I’m trying so hard to rationalise it all in my head because I know these thoughts aren’t helpful and they’re essentially based on nothing, but I’ve been betrayed in the past by the people who were supposed to love me and I’m terrified that history will repeat itself. I actually feel so sick with worry and I just need the thoughts to stop.

W

Want2listen

Why dont u just ask? To me there is an unwritten code but really she's ur best friend surely u want her to be happy he's ur ex for a reason. Don't worry find someone and be happy as long as she is happy to it shouldn't be an issue

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Major intrusive thoughts today... Mental Health Experiences 6
Mr Oreo Bunny Intrusive thoughts causing little movements. Advice? Mental Health Experiences 2
S Making jokes of intrusive thoughts Mental Health Experiences 19
R Thought life would be easier, intrusive thoughts Mental Health Experiences 2
wraziel pokemon intrusive thoughts are scaring me Mental Health Experiences 3
L Having intrusive thoughts again Mental Health Experiences 2
Y Intrusive thoughts Mental Health Experiences 11
G weird intrusive thoughts Mental Health Experiences 2
Carol1952 Intrusive thinking is the worse! Mental Health Experiences 15
C Intrusive violent morbid images Mental Health Experiences 8
jajingna Thousands of thoughts per day Mental Health Experiences 8
Sloshiceangel I was mentally abused by a classmate *TRIGGER WARNING* *SUICIDICAL THOUGHTS IS MENTIONED* Mental Health Experiences 3
Anime-Alchemy Thoughts and feelings about schizophrenia Mental Health Experiences 5
O Weird thoughts and actions Mental Health Experiences 9
C Toxic thoughts stemmed from my own insecurities Mental Health Experiences 3
J Thoughts about my funeral Mental Health Experiences 2
Weeewooow beep Whirlpool thoughts Mental Health Experiences 1
M I keep having thoughts about running away and going missing Mental Health Experiences 5
T Habit of hiding emotion and negative thoughts from others does not go away Mental Health Experiences 8
blog15 thoughts can be an advantage. Mental Health Experiences 2
C Dark thoughts Mental Health Experiences 4
reb_kbold Violent Thoughts Mental Health Experiences 5
D Having obsessive thoughts about having to leave psychotherapy Mental Health Experiences 3
T Suicidal thoughts almost every day Mental Health Experiences 6
C I dont think im ever going to be happy , im getting older my reality is facing me (plus lgbt relationship experiences) Mental Health Experiences 5
indigoroad I am getting impatient i think Mental Health Experiences 1
Ras getting real tired of psychiatrist, doctors and nurses Mental Health Experiences 13
L Trust issues getting worse... Mental Health Experiences 6
B Getting someone sectioned Mental Health Experiences 5
L Having a really hard time - Advice on getting over someone? Mental Health Experiences 15
L Getting out of a situation and obligation Mental Health Experiences 2
T Unbelievably bad service /trigger warning/signs/not getting help Mental Health Experiences 58
moonperson Question about getting therapy! Mental Health Experiences 7
bpdgirl It’s getting bad again Mental Health Experiences 1
mandy125 might be getting evicted Mental Health Experiences 6
J Getting seizure like symptoms from food? Mental Health Experiences 1