• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

My Intro

Cal

Cal

Founding Member
Hi i'm Callum, i've been on the forum a few days now and realised i never actually got round to introducing myself so i thought now is as good a time as ever. I'm 17 and i've recently started getting help for depression (even though i've been depressed for years) i've also become worried i may have schizophrenia (i hear voices sometimes and have some other reasons i don't really want to go into right now). I stopped going to school in my last year about a month ago now although i'm only going in to hand in my books and leaver's form tomorrow (well if i look at the clock technically later today), i left because i couldn't handle it anymore, i'd asked for support from the school (not in those words exactly but they knew i had problems) and got nothing but grief :( . I have however had problems long before then (my earliest memory is my mum throwing a plate at my dad and him then punching her, they got divorced when i was 3). But now i think i need to try and get things together and get my life back on track and i think i made a good start by stumbling across this forum, as far as i have seen so far this is a caring, understanding community and one i'd be pleased to be a part of so this is my official hello :D

D

Dollit

Well we've already had quite a chat but well - :welcome:! Glad you've decided to stick around. Love the avatar - is that yours? :)

Cal

Cal

Founding Member
Oh that was my puppy Sammy, we didn't have him long he was a bit too much, he was hyper 24 7 and while we could manage that he was a bit too much for our other dog who's really placid, he never understood why she wouldn't play all the time and kept harrassing her :( . He got a really good home afterwards with more space and people who could spend more time with him though :) , but he had a big impact on me and it's such a sweet photo i thought it'd be good for my avatar.

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Hi Callum and :welcome:.

I notice you live in South West Scotland which is my favourite part of the world/holiday destination :).

Nick.

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Hey Callum, glad to meet you. Don't get too distressed by your condition, its by no means the end of a road, and in regards to school and education there's always more than one way to crack an egg...

:welcome:

Ashami

Ashami

Founding Member
:welcome: Callum

We have not chatted so far as I've not been around much lately but I hope you will find some good support here.

Interesting, and very sad, first memory Callum.....

Cal

Cal

Founding Member
Thanks all for the nice replies i was actually having quite a bad day today but having seen how everyone's responded has made me feel quite a bit better, I've been really miserable and quite snappy all day but now i've got a smile on my face :D :grouphug:

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hello and :welcome: Cal :)

dollylama

dollylama

Founding Member
Welcome to the forum Cal! :):welcome:

JIBBAJABBA

JIBBAJABBA

Founding Member
Hey Cal and a big :welcome: to the forum!

You got it right we are definately a caring community where nobody is judged and you can talk about anything and everything that is bothering you and theres always someone around to help and advise or just listen when you need to get things out in the open!

Im sorry to hear your school didnt support you but not surprised as my daughter was also left to 'get on with it' when she developed an eating disorder..It will make you stronger in the long run tho Im sure!

Good for you tho you sound like a sensible young lad and Im sure we can help!!

Jibbz xx

Cal

Cal

Founding Member
thanks again for all the welcomes, i've been away from the computer because i stayed at my sister's last night, which is good because it's been a while since we got on that well, she's staying with her boyfriend at the moment, he's really nice aswell. We sat around and watched tv mostly or listened to music. :D

D

Dollit

Nice to see you back Cal, glad you had a good time with your sister. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Introduce Yourself 41
E Introduce Yourself 2
H Introduce Yourself 2
A Introduce Yourself 1
P Introduce Yourself 4