My inner world...Please help me...

K

KingTarzan

I want to share my personal experience with u people.My language is not English so excuse my mistakes in this post.I am 21 years old.In a period of my life, 5 years before I became very much religious and got too much involved in religious activities.All the time I used to think about religion and its knowledge.It is too much that I completely ignored my education at that time.I was in college 2nd year at that time.This was a period of religious extremism of 4 months almost and then my result came and i got compartment in chemistry.Then I realized that all I am doing is wrong and I should be moderate in my religious activities.Then I tried to came back to normal life and started studying again.It was month of December when I realized all this situation.Now the issue is that since that December i got stuck up in a new mental internal life.It is a mental life composed of too much intense and uncontrollable thoughts in my mind.These thoughts are of almost religious.Now due to this problem when I used to study I cant study even a single line and even single word because i was completely stuck up inside my mind internal world and can't study.Guys I want to tell u that this situation is not for an hour for a day for a week for a month.this mental situation lasts for more than 1.5 years of my life.And In all this period whenever I used to study I can't read a single world.My family members got too much worried about me.It became a very serious problem for me as well as my for my family members.So i could not take admission in University due to my mental situation and my one year wasted and i spent that year in home.During this year I joined an academy to study physics for 2 months.But in academy,it was an unbelievable happening for me that for all 2 months I uses to sit in the class but i can't even hear a single word.Yes I can't hear even a single word of my teacher,and my academy time also got wasted.This was how serious this mental inner life of my mind that i can't hear can't read can't behave as a normal person in this world.All the time i used to keep quite.Guys It seems that there is intense life of thoughts inside my brain which resists me in every thing i do in this world and I am totally cut off from this world.I feel that my senses got too much slow and brain is affected very seriously. Then after spending 1 year in home I got admission in a university in engineering.But the same situation with low intensity keeps going with me in University.So same I can't hear properly a single word in all the university lectures.So i am a mentally disabled person which cannot learn a single word only and only due to my this problem.Guys now 3 years of my university degree have been passes and I am still in this idiot mental condition.All lectures in this period of 3 years I can't hear a single word of a single lecture.It is too much serious.I am really sick and annoyed of this condition.It has destructed even all aspects of life and a period of 5 years.I am very much disappointed now.If anyone knows what is this fucking mind life then please help me...please help me.If anyone can describe the reality of my situation and its cure then please do it.I will be very thankful to you people...

E

exyz

Hello King Tarzan:)

I have read all of your post and I am so sorry that you have been through this terrible time. we cannot diagnose on this forum but a lot of people will understand how you have been feeling and the intensity of it all.

I know that you feel very low at the moment but do not think that you will always be like this. People can and do improve and I want you to hold onto that.

Have you seen a doctor at all or are you taking any medication? If you have not seen a doctor then perhaps it will help if you see someone. If it helps , you could take a copy of this post here with you as you explain it very well.
I hope that you find the forum a help and that we can support you by listening and making practical suggestions as to how you move forward.
sincerest good wishes
exfbu:flowers:

Kerome

Kerome

It could be what we call "intrusive thoughts" which can be a symptom of a mental disorder. I would go to a psychiatrist with it and see if he has a medical solution for it, it's quite likely he will suggest some pills. But it is a question of trying to see if it works...

All the best kingtarzan!

K

KingTarzan

Guys Is there any psychiatrist in this forum who can solve my problem???.I am very thankful to exfbu and kerome for your nice reply and sympathies for me.This mental world is totally destructing my education and career.I want to tell you that from December 2012 I have been facing such a situation.There is no day no,no hour,no moment in which i did not face it after the beginning of 2013 till today.Although its intensity decreased with the passage of time.Its intensity was highest in the 2013 but decreases in 2014 then also decreased when i got admission in university.But still this issue is destroying me and I can do nothing.I request you people that please please give reply on my post and suggest me some treatment.

Kerome

Kerome

No, we don't have any psychiatrists on the forum as far as I know. You're best off going to your normal doctor, explaining the problem to him, and then letting him refer you to one.

calypso

calypso

Admin
I'm afraid we are all fellow MH sufferers on here and no psychiatrist usually comes on. I agree with the others, you need to see a doctor and get professional help to see if they can sort this out for you. Are these like voices in your head? There are some therapies which can help and that is another avenue to go down. I would suggest you try to sort this out before going for university again. I don't know which part of the world you come from so can't really know what Mental Health services are like for you. I presume, but correct me if I'm wrong, you don't come from Britain?

There is a book which is written in large letters and simple language because the author knows that people who are distressed find reading very difficult. Its called Emotional Hijacking by Marlene Schneider Potter and can sometimes help you with these problems. It worth a look I think.

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

why did you get into religious extremism to the exclusion of everything else? and at such a young age most folk that age are not into religion. its only after a few knocks in life that some folk start to get more serious about the purpose of life.

Guys Is there any psychiatrist in this forum who can solve my problem???.
you sound like you are in a lot of mental/emotional angst. the truth is no one can solve your problems, not even a psychiatrist, they can help you maybe to start to look at why you do what you do but they cant solve it for you.

a psychologist would be the better choice, as psychiatrists is mainly about medication imo

K

KingTarzan

Guys! Thanks for your replies.Yes I am not from Britain and English is not my language so ignore my language mistakes.Yes It was my really a very big mistake that I got into religious extremism in such a younger age.Guys you are suggesting me to go to doctor.I also thought about that but my family members forbade me by going to doctor.My father always emphasized that it is not a psychiatrist issue and personally I don't know any psychiatrist in my area.If you guys can contact any psychiatrist for me on the internet or in your area then please help me.You can show my this thread to that psychiatrist for my help.Moreover it is not any hallucination and it not a some kind of voices in my head.It is only a mental inner abnormal life of intense thoughts which destroyed and slowed my senses and keep me inside the head far away from the normal life of this world.
Thankyou!

Kerome

Kerome

Since it affects you to such a large extent I think a doctor is the right way to go, regardless of what your family is saying. As a last resort you could try to talk to a university counsellor if you are still there, most universities have them because problems are not that uncommon. But I think it is important to do this in your native language and in person, you will get better results that way.

Last edited:
K

KingTarzan

So you people don't know what exactly is going with me Ok.I will see any other method for my problem.Is there any more person which faced the same situation like me??? Yes anyone else???

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

So you people don't know what exactly is going with me Ok.I will see any other method for my problem.Is there any more person which faced the same situation like me??? Yes anyone else???
how can we, we are not professional medical peeps we are just peeps struggling in life and share our experiences. you need to go and get professional help as this is what you seem to keep mentioning. no one can diagnose you on here or waive a magic wand for that matter.

K

KingTarzan

Ok Guys! Now I have a simple request for u people that please tell me any psychiatrist on line website which is totally free of cost.Any good website which can help me???

pepecat

pepecat

We can't recommend websites like that I'm afraid - especially not ones by people claiming to be psychiatrists. Personally I'd be very wary of a psychiatrist offering free advice - that sounds very dodgy.
Could you go and see your doctor?

Kerome

Kerome

I think you have to take personal responsibility... your relationship with your doctor is something between you and him, you shouldn't need your family's consent to go and see him.

But I agree any website which says it offers free advice from a psychiatrist is likely to be dodgy. Different countries have different rules for psychiatrists and to offer that kind of medical advice over the internet when you may not be licensed to practice in someone's country seems a kind of risk a professional won't take.

K

KingTarzan

OK I will go for any doctor or any psychiatrist.So I got no benefit from this website and forum.It is very disappointing that you people made a forum of mental problems discussion but you don't know a little shit about psychology.

Kerome

Kerome

OK I will go for any doctor or any psychiatrist.So I got no benefit from this website and forum.It is very disappointing that you people made a forum of mental problems discussion but you don't know a little shit about psychology.
Lol... it seems you've been given good advice but you don't know the value of it. How rude.

Kerome

Kerome

There is a team of volunteer moderators and administrators, their names are listed in green and black at the bottom of the front page in the lists of people who have recently been online. They deal with any queries about the site.

pepecat

pepecat

Hi King Tarzan

I'm one of the admin on the site. Mischief is the site owner. As Kerome has said, the forum is staffed by volunteers; none of us mental health professionals, and all of us with our own mental health issues. We give up our free time to run the forum.
The members of the forum are largely from the UK, with a good number from Europe, US, Aus and NZ, but mostly in the UK as we're a UK-based site. We're a support site - so we're here to offer encouragement / support / advice for people with mental health issues, and obviously members also help and support each other and share experiences.

As far as I know, we have no medical professionals on the site - at least none in their 'professional' capacity (they might be here if they have their own mental health issues, but I don't know). So we don't have psychs or psychologists or counsellors or doctors on here who can diagnose / treat people. That's not what we're about. We also don't allow members to 'diagnose' each other - so if someone comes on here saying 'I have xyz going on', another member saying 'I think you have A' is not permitted. Because we can't see people face to face and don't know what's going on for them, we can't diagnose.

It's also why we won't recommend medicines / doctors / treatments to each other - because everyone is different and we don't know people's whole stories and situations. Also, we don't know which country you're in, or what healthcare is like where you are. Personally I'd be quite suspicious of a psychiatrist in ANY country who was willing to diagnose and treat people for free, unless it's through a recognised charity. They have to make a living somehow, so where's the money coming from if they're not charging? Are they going to recommend some expensive meds / treatment that may not be appropriate for you? I'd worry that they weren't properly qualified and could potentially cause people more harm than good, which is why we don't recommend specific doctors / psychiatrists to people.

Using the example of people wanting to find a therapist, we always tell them to go through a registered body (British Association for Counselling and Pyschology, for example) and find a therapist that way - do their research; look at the sort of therapy they want, whether there's someone in their area that can offer it, how much it is, what qualifications and experience the person has, and so on.

If you're that keen on finding a free psychiatrist, I'm sure google will help you out. But we can't recommend one, and personally, I wouldn't do it. You could end up with some complete quack.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Mental Health Experiences 4