• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

My husband has cd

G

GODEWIND

hi everyone,
my husband has conversion disorder since june 06(origin military deployments?). i'm frustrated and at the beginning of the end of my rope. frustrated with the apathy and disconnection. we have 2 kids under 9 years old, and worried what harm this will cause them? i have been standing by him but it is getting harder all the time. i find myself looking for my smile. i find refuge in riding horses. i just don't know what to do anymore and was wondering if anyone had any experiance in this setting. most posts appear to be single folks. just wondering if i'm doing more damage then good.:(:(

D

Dollit

There is a section for Conversion Disorder but it's not used very often. I think that while all illnesses have differences the impact that they have on families can be very similar. Is there a families group that you could join to help you through this?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Hi all, am new here...husband to a great gal who has bipolar Introduce Yourself 3
Pussy_Willow24 My husband has heard a voice ever since childhood Introduce Yourself 2
N Hi Everyone! I'm a newbie here whose husband has BPD and PTSD. Introduce Yourself 3
N Supporting husband is killing me Introduce Yourself 4
G Hi. I think my husband is a narcissist. Introduce Yourself 2
P Need to help my husband but feel so helpless Introduce Yourself 9
R Struggling husband dealing with my wife’s illness, she says she wants me out the house , then week later doesn’t , I don’t know how to take it Introduce Yourself 7
M Husband Sectioned Introduce Yourself 11
J Husband thinks i cheated on him with my niece Introduce Yourself 7
G Confused Bread winner, Dad, son and husband. Introduce Yourself 5
S My husband left me Introduce Yourself 3
Z I need advice and support to help and understand bipolar husband Introduce Yourself 6
T Husband obsessing over my past sexual experiences Introduce Yourself 22
T Husband Introduce Yourself 2
S Husband needs help but refuses Introduce Yourself 1
A Carer for Husband with severe depression and anxiety and a newbie 😎 Introduce Yourself 3
S Husband and children of narcissistic mother seeking advice Introduce Yourself 2
A Husband with suicidal thought - what to do Introduce Yourself 4
A Struggling with depressed husband Introduce Yourself 12
S My husband is suicidal and I have been dealing with Major Depression and Anxiety. Introduce Yourself 8
K Help! Does my husband have personality disorder or just an a-hole? Introduce Yourself 4
C Partner has mental health issues. Introduce Yourself 17
S help- my sister has been sectioned for acute psychosis Introduce Yourself 11
W Mrs. Social Butterfly has lost her wings and freedom Introduce Yourself 5
Hello513 Hey this is another Ironman introduces himself again thread. Though he has done it like 4/5 times. Introduce Yourself 0
T Hi guys. Clomipramine has ruined my body Introduce Yourself 3
knowyourworth Hey I've made mistakes in the past ,I am trying to add value to my life .karma has taken a heavy toll on me,but a voice inside me won't let me give up Introduce Yourself 7
T Confused why this has happened to me Introduce Yourself 5
H New to this- partner has been sectioned (mania) and looking for advice :) Introduce Yourself 7
U The pandemic has brought us various problems. Introduce Yourself 4
Y New here, BPD has pretty much resurfaced Introduce Yourself 2
3 My head has gone Introduce Yourself 4
S they has to be a natural way out Introduce Yourself 7
Siggsy Newbie to forum. My medication has stopped working again! Introduce Yourself 10
MoodFlicker Hello, not new but has been a while Introduce Yourself 14
C Parent of someone who has Bpd and struggling Introduce Yourself 20
C Hello. Im here to learn how to help, understand, and not give up on my fiancee. She has mental illnesses. Introduce Yourself 4
SilentButCaring82 My Whole Life Has Been Hard, and I'm Very Tired Introduce Yourself 5
8 Son has OCD? Introduce Yourself 6
J Looking for help with my son who has a severe tic disorder Introduce Yourself 4
G this has been a big step for me. Introduce Yourself 9
H I am a mother who has a son who has just been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. He has had psychosis since he was 16 and is now 22. Introduce Yourself 4
C Newcomer here, my height has become a debilitating issue mentally (not in the way you think) Introduce Yourself 14
peachytea A wild peachytea has appeared! Introduce Yourself 24
S Sweet Sue has joined the forum Introduce Yourself 12
D Hi I'm 46 I live with my son he's 10 he has a anxiety disorder been diagnosed since the age of 4 I'm now experiencing anxiety 😔 Introduce Yourself 2
C Hi everyone I’m new and my gf has cyclothymia Introduce Yourself 5
xFerretx Hi. Recently recieved a traumatic brain injury that has led to psychosis and other complications, and I'm looking for support Introduce Yourself 5
T Why Has It Taken Me so Long??? Introduce Yourself 3
I Seasonal affective disorder , hi anyone out there who has done the blindingly obvious and moved to a sunnier part of the world? Introduce Yourself 8