• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

My husband has bipolar need advice

S

Simcarsle

Hi im new to all this so please bare with me!

2 years ago my husband age 42 was diagnosed with bipolar he’s has and is still struggling to come to team with it! He’s knew most of his adults life he had bad days with mood swings ect since the age of 24/25

But I kind of made him sort him self out after we had our daughter try and make his way of life better!
Without felling the way he does!

But this it where we are today he has started to self harm he’s never done anything like this in his life until last yr! When he has he low/bad days he said he can’t carry on he’s had enough And these thoughts getting more frequent so he self arms to stop him from thinking these thoughts!!! Iv asked him out right has he ever thought about ending it before and he said no in all the yrs he’s has bad episodes he tuck himself off to bed for 2/3 days then on the 4 day he would be getting back to his normal self, but now it’s takes him a good week or so! To start feel ok! Iv spoke to hes nurses and asked if we can come and sort this once and for all, he’s on medication of 500mg Depakote morning and 1000mg Depakote evening been on this for a good 12 months ...plus 20mg of mirtazapine around 3 months because he doesn’t sleep to good he was on quetiapine before that’s he was only on that a few months and that’s when he self armed for the first time so I called his nurse and he was taken off them right away it was a horrible time for him and me! But we got though it, until now and it’s kind of stared again without warming it’s just out the blue I can normally tell when one is coming on but this time I had no idea, we sat down and asked what brought it on and he couldn’t tell me because he didn’t know all he said was I think people are talking about me! I’m need some advice on what is next where do I go from here? I’m not prepared to lose him or give up on him if he can’t fight this I will do it for him! I’m so scared my daughter is going to end up with no daddy if I can’t sort it! And he has so much to live for ... so if there is anybody who can advise me what I can do or say at our appointments please feel free to answer me.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Help My Husband has Bipolar and I dont know what to do Bipolar Forum 5
M Nervous about Husband with Bipolar Disorder coming home for a visit after episode Bipolar Forum 16
M How to calm bipolar husband who is manic? Bipolar Forum 40
M Husband's Bipolar episode; give him support or space? Bipolar Forum 11
T Husband, wife and son, we are all bipolar Bipolar Forum 4
A Long read but please. I need help or I’m going to lose my husband. Bipolar Forum 9
C Tips on living with bipolar husband? Bipolar Forum 5
H Undiagnosed BPD husband, walked out. Bipolar Forum 16
S newly sober husband just now realizing the intensity of my bipolar Bipolar Forum 1
S Trying to understand my bipolar husband . Bipolar Forum 2
J Wondering husband Bipolar Forum 10
L Is my husband bipolar disorder??? please help!! Bipolar Forum 3
M My husband can't handle my biipolAr Bipolar Forum 12
A *Trigger Warning* Please help. Bipolar husband changed,blames me. Im scared he will leave me! I have no family! Bipolar Forum 16
retrospect This is me.....and my husband. Bipolar Forum 3
mabelmae Newly diagnosed Bipolar 2, husband wants to seek disability Bipolar Forum 3
GoghTardis Jaw and temple pain? My husband says I am just panicking Bipolar Forum 6
N Could my husband be bipolar? Bipolar Forum 1
U Bipolar Husband. Bipolar Forum 16
megirl Husband going back to work. Feeling overwhelmed Bipolar Forum 2
1 Has anyone had their 1st mania episode at 40y? Bipolar Forum 2
S How helpful has this site been for you? I Bipolar Forum 48
B What has been your experience on Pristiq/Desvenlafaxine? Bipolar Forum 9
F Would love some help/advice understanding my first experience with someone who has bipolar - Bipolar Forum 21
T My Cousin has bipolar disorder and is a life threat to his parents Bipolar Forum 3
G Has anyone ever heard of this? Bipolar Forum 3
M My on/off partner has shown all signs of bipolar, and I need help & advice please Bipolar Forum 7
T Has rationialism hurt Bipolar understanding? Bipolar Forum 14
A I have bipolar 2 he has bipolar 1 Bipolar Forum 2
B Has anyone noticed reduced fitness since taking bipolar med? Bipolar Forum 17
S Has anyone ever changed from lithium to a different mood stabiliser? Bipolar Forum 14
HLon99 My psychiatrist has just shafted me! Bipolar Forum 73
N Has she taken her meds Bipolar Forum 2
A My son has suicide ideation, worse than I thought Bipolar Forum 4
F My fiancee has left the country due to depression and immediately received a Cyclothymia diagnosis Bipolar Forum 1
B A loved one has suddenly changed behavior Bipolar Forum 13
C Has anyone experienced High dosages of Quetiapine Bipolar Forum 16
P Has anyone had med changes by phone with pdoc? Bipolar Forum 13
jb5784 Has Bipolar Interrupted Your Education? Bipolar Forum 10
jb5784 Has Improving Your Health Helped You Bipolar Forum 2
P doctor has reason to beleive i have ASD /borderline personality disorder Bipolar Forum 3
D Has anyone else experienced ridiculously powerful orgasms during mania or hypomania? Bipolar Forum 1
T Has anyone heard of this? Bipolar Forum 6
B My mum has bipolar Bipolar Forum 8
BLACKER Anyone has interview anxiety? Bipolar Forum 15
G Its been a rough winter. How has yours been? Bipolar Forum 36
K My mood has changed for the better. Thank God! Bipolar Forum 2
G How to support a loved one who has BD who chooses social isolation? Bipolar Forum 4
B Has my dad been abusing me? Abuse trigger warning Bipolar Forum 6
O Has anyone tried electroshock therapy? Bipolar Forum 2