• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

My housing situation is making me miserable & stressed & exacerbating my depression

E

english rose

I hate my flat, my landlord annoys the hell out of me, it's awful, I have nowhere else to go so can't move, I'm on Housing Benefit so my choices are practically non-existent, I can't afford to buy a place, I can't get social housing, there are serious problems with the flat that need addressing & the landlord does not take action; right now I'm very worried because the business premises beneath me is to let , the previous tenants were great as they did not use much water, I am scared that the new tenants will use a lot of water, when downstairs uses water my own water pressure drops down to very low eg 45 minutes to run a bath, I told my landlord that if this happens then I will take official action - he has not replied, I put up with a lot but I can't & won't put up with no proper water supply, if I have to take action then I will be scared to go outside as he often lurks outside & accosts me.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Find out your rights (Citizens advice) and then in future put things to him in a way that lets him know that you're not whining but you have genuine problems that you want, need, and are probably legally obliged to be receiving. Don't be scared of him, ever. If he accosts you then you get proof of this somehow.
Once he knows that you know your stuff he'll be getting things fixed in no time I bet. But just remember that he may have many others like you asking for things constantly and we all know they don't like to splash the cash, only rake it in. So the more civil (firm but fair) you can be, the better.

E

english rose

He owns & rents out two flats (mine & the place nextdoor) & two businesses (his own & the one beneath me).