• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

My head is buzzing with agitation and depression!!

W

Whathappenedgeez

What's as bad as the depression is agitation and anxiety. I'm angry and I'm yelling at people losing my cool to easily. I don't want to be this way I want to be more kind and have hobbies and be better for those around me. I've only had a 10% improvement in mood from various ssri medications. Looks like I need to try other treatments or medications. Anyone have input on there search for finding the right medication for them and what worked?? Any ideas I can implement? All day I have this agitated depression and it scares you because your acting very uncivilized to people. I wish I could sit down and play a computer game like I was able to years ago and actually have a sense of calm and normal mood. I can't do anything! when I try to my head just buzzes more and I lose concentration from the extreme irritability

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

You may want to consider ECT (electro-convulsive therapy) and rTMS (repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation) as possible treatments for your depression. I have severe treatment-resistant depression, and from what you say, it sounds like you may have treatment-resistant depression as well. These treatments are for severe depression where nothing else has worked. I had both types of treatments, but unfortunately for me, neither one reduced my depression. You may be lucky, though.

W

Whathappenedgeez

You may want to consider ECT (electro-convulsive therapy) and rTMS (repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation) as possible treatments for your depression. I have severe treatment-resistant depression, and from what you say, it sounds like you may have treatment-resistant depression as well. These treatments are for severe depression where nothing else has worked. I had both types of treatments, but unfortunately for me, neither one reduced my depression. You may be lucky, though.
I'm sorry you have to deal with this too! It's gut wrenching I'm sure I can relate to you. Thanks for the advice I'll have to look into those. Can I ask what ur diagnosis is and the treatments that u tried are? Did any help for a little? I'm sure there is something u can do for yourself ?

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

My diagnosis is severe treatment-resistant bipolar depression with generalized anxiety disorder. Besides the ECT and rTMS treatments that I've tried, which didn't work, I was put on so many different SSRIs (one at a time), which also didn't work. I bet I would feel the same way as I do now if I stopped all meds completely (which I wouldn't do). The only med that has given me relief was clonazepam for GAD. I find that reading the posts on this forum and replying to them has helped me a lot.