• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

My Grief is Killing Me

T

TiffanyRose

I lost my sister to a tragic death a few months ago, It was unexpected and a huge shock. My sister was my everything, she was my protector, my bestfriend and someone I always looked up too. I have always battled with depression but I am at an all time low right now. I'm having a hard time finding the purpose of life and often think about ending it all. I haven't laughed or smiled since she died, when she left she took me with her too. I keep asking why, why did this happen? I'm living in a real life nightmare that I won't ever wake up from.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi TiffanyRose,
I'm ever so sorry for your loss, we're here for you.
I lost my dad, so I know what grief feels like.
Do you have any support?
Your sister would want you to be happy.
Sending hugs.

B

Baldanc

Just remember she would want to see u move forward and embrace life. You are lucky to live and you deserve it. You would want the same for her if the opposite happened. There will never be a good reason that this happened but you need to accept reality and just give it time and love your self as she loved u.

calypso

calypso

Admin
I see you are in Canada, do they have a service like we do here called CRUSE? Its a charity which helps specifically with grief and is brilliant. I used them when my husband died and I couldn't move on.

Grief is agony and there is no quick way through it. Why don't you tell us about her, if that wouldn't hurt too much. How did she die? I am so sorry you are suffering like this, but I totally understand.

A

Am33

My father died last year one night when I was dosing off to sleep he said, " forgive me " and I have had other such experiences with others . I know now death isn't real people just move on to where ever . You can ask for your sister let you know she is alright maybe you wont hear her , but maybe a bird will pass by you or a butterfly to let you know. I sometimes imagine a calm still beautiful lake like the kind in Canada and the person is there with me seems very real .

T

TiffanyRose

Hi TiffanyRose,
I'm ever so sorry for your loss, we're here for you.
I lost my dad, so I know what grief feels like.
Do you have any support?
Your sister would want you to be happy.
Sending hugs.
I do have some support but it's always been just me and my sister. My mother lives away and my father battles with addictions. Just such a lonely feeling.

T

TiffanyRose

I see you are in Canada, do they have a service like we do here called CRUSE? Its a charity which helps specifically with grief and is brilliant. I used them when my husband died and I couldn't move on.

Grief is agony and there is no quick way through it. Why don't you tell us about her, if that wouldn't hurt too much. How did she die? I am so sorry you are suffering like this, but I totally understand.
I go see a psychiatrist twice a week now. She was in an ATV accident. I had the cops show up at my house at 2:45 am to tell me she had passed away. She was the bravest most free spirited person I knew.

T

TiffanyRose

My father died last year one night when I was dosing off to sleep he said, " forgive me " and I have had other such experiences with others . I know now death isn't real people just move on to where ever . You can ask for your sister let you know she is alright maybe you wont hear her , but maybe a bird will pass by you or a butterfly to let you know. I sometimes imagine a calm still beautiful lake like the kind in Canada and the person is there with me seems very real .
Im so sorry for your loss.I talk to her all the time and try to find her spiritually, I just miss her voice and laugh so much it kills me.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Depression Forum 3
B Depression Forum 6
M Depression Forum 8