• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

My Grandma died....

J

Jigglypuff Fan

I had to fly out last Thursday because she wasn't doing too well. She died last Friday at 11 AM Pacific time. I was there with her and my aunt. I held Grandma's hand and comforted her the last two hours of her life. It feels so weird not having her around anymore. But she lived 99 good years which is more than most people can get.

rubyrose

rubyrose

I'm so sorry, khuang. It's great that you were there to comfort her during those final hours, though. She got to feel your warmth and love for her and I'm sure she was thankful for your presence. And you're right. 99 years is more than most people get. It's amazing she lived that long, actually. Hold on to the good memories and pleasant moments you shared, with the tenderness and care you showed while you held her hand during those final hours. Again, I'm really sorry. All the best. :hug1:

Q

Quickduck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
My condolences khuang. :hug:
I've also lost close family members, so I know what it's like.
it good you were there to comfort her; hope you're alright. :hug:

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Admin
I'm sorry to hear that khuang, it's good you were able to be there with her :hug1:

D

Dottyone

Hugz and condolences :hug:

I believe we have a new start in a new life

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

sorry for your loss xxxxxxxxxxxxx :hug:

J

Jigglypuff Fan

My dad was still a bit selfish and I think Grandma died a bit sad knowing that he never made up with my sister. She was also sad that I never got married and had kids like she wanted me to do but how could I fake a marriage just for her if I'm gay? My dad just used the computer most of the week while my aunt and I ran around tying up loose ends. Maybe it was his way of coping but he really wasn't that much help until the last three days we were there. We will be taking Grandma's ashes back to her hometown in Taiwan around March. Holding her hand and comforting her during her final hours was the best I could do for her and I know it meant a lot to her that I was right there for her. She couldn't talk last on the 4th when I first saw her but you could clearly see her one eye tried to look in my direction and she responded to me talking to her by moving her hand and feet. She also moaned a couple of times. Then on the 5th, she wasn't responding to us very much other than moving her feet a little bit so my aunt and I knew she knew we were there beside her. I got some of her stuff that I knew she wanted me to have and also other things that I could use like a touch lamp and a garlic press.

D

Deliah

Really beautiful that you got to be with her for those final hours. Love to you D x

Sen

Sen

I'm am truly sorry for your heartbreaking loss.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I'm ever so sorry to hear about your loss, khuang.:hug1:

I think that whilst it must have been painful to be there when your Grandmother passed, it must have also been a great comfort to her that you were by her side and you should feel proud of yourself for being there for her.

I'm sorry to hear that the situation with your Dad and your Aunt didn't resolve itself before she passed away.

Mayfair

Mayfair

Sorry for you to hear this news khuang.

I'm glad though that she held your hand in the last hours. Regardless of any past issues, this would have been very comforting and you've helped make her life ending happy and special for her, that you were there.

You'll never forget her, and after 99 years you will have loads of special moments/memories to remember and cherish, as yours only.