My gran has cancer

Lisa-Marie666

Lisa-Marie666

Pineview Institute with my husband Norman Bates
For over a year my gran has been back and forth to the hospital having tests. She's had x-rays. MRI's, CT's, biopsies, you name it. They suspected she had lung cancer so kept doing more tests. Then they found a problem with her liver and she had really bad pain in her arm where she can't even lift it. She's always had a cough and hoarse voice. Last week they said they want her to go for another biopsy. This time of her arm. The nurse pretty much told my mum that it's cancer. They just want to see what form it is. If they've found a problem with her liver and her arm this obviously means it's spread. It spreads so quick. i don't know why we've allowed this to go on for so long. If they'd caught it earlier they'd be able to do something. Now this is it. The NHS are a joke. They never ring back. They take forever to make appointments. They take forever to give us results. I know it's not just us. So many others are going through shit but I just can't believe this is happening. My whole family suffer from anxiety/depression. I'm really worried about my mum. She's not coping very well with all this!

valleygirl

valleygirl

I am sorry that you are going through this. It does take far too long to diagnose cancer. My family has been through this with my brother-in-law, and he is only 42. He had years of being sick and depressed, he got tested for celiac disease and was on antidepressants, and finally last spring he was diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma that had spread to the adrenal glands, his liver, kidney, and his brain. Hopefully now that your gran has a diagnosis she can get treatment. The fact that she has always had a hoarse voice makes me think she perhaps has GERD (gastro-esophageal reflux disease), which, untreated, can also lead to cancer. I hope that your gran's cancer has been caught in time for treatment to be effective.

Nikita

Nikita

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I always recommend the website,THE Complementary Cancer Charity | CANCERactive
there is a book on the sales site

The Rainbow Diet - and how it can help you beat cancer Edition 4

called The Rainbow diet,I followed this diet and took CBD capsules and went from a womb cancer diagnosis to all clear last December.I am having another check up biopsy taken today.

I hope you can help you gran with these methods, as you say the NHS are too slow and their methods are sometimes too aggressive,but you can also combine their methods with these alternative ones.
Take a look at the websites see what you think.I wish you well and hope that your gran gets well.I don't think that cancer is incurable so keep your hopes up.

Last edited: