• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

My gf is depressed and im starting to be at wits end

G

Garothironvein

So my gf of almost 2 years has had a rough life but she is mega depressed and stubborn as hell. I try my best to be there for her but she constantly refuses to get better or get help. Anytime she calls me halfway through its I'm not here anymore and I'm hearing running sounds in my room....must be a spirt. At first I went along with it and told her I sent a spirt to watch over her and I thought that helped then she starts saying the spirt is hurting her. Shes stressed out but over the simplest of things....she once even wanted to drive drunk becouse she spilled something at work. Idk what to do, I love her but she goes from 100 to 0 so fast my heart hurts. I know it sounds like all I want to do is fix her and I get that depression is a long time fix but she refuses any help and just accepts it. It's like she wants to be with the depression forever. Any advice is appreciated

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

You cant make her get help but you deserve to be happy. So even though some might think it unfair, I think you need to tell her you love her and you're tired of watching her struggle and you want her to be happy and unless she gets help youre not going to be able to be with her anymore. I know it sounds callous but if you dont shes just gonna drain you emotionally until their is nothing left.