My future depends on this

kathrina

kathrina

I had a blood test today requested by my doctor. It all depends on the outcome of this blood test about what will happen to me next. My doctor hinted, when I saw him, about anorexia. I don't know.
Another thing that is wrong is because I have moved, I might have to move to another doctor. I'm not happy as I like my doctor and trust him.
:(
I've got to the stage of throwing up now to relieve the stress I feel and knowing I've eaten too much.
I am so confused right now and unhappy about everything.
:confused::(

I'm sorry everyone, maybe one day i will be happy.

Kathrina

S

*Sapphire*

Hi Kathrina

I'm sorry you are still feeling so down. :(

Unfortunately starving yourself will only deepen your depression, so it causes a viscious circle, the more you feel depressed, the more you use damaging coping mechanisms to deal with it, and those coping mechanisms make you feel more depressed etc etc.

I could tell you about the dangers of making yourself sick, but I'm not sure right now whether that will help you, and you probably know them anyway.

I hope you get some help from your GP soon. :hug:

constantly numb

constantly numb

Hi Kathrina,
just a random question, can doctors determin weather you have an eating disorder throught a blood test. or is yours for something else.
the only reason i ask is because my doctor has been hinting on at the same thing and i had blood tests done for another reason and she wants me to go back for my results on my own?
and im a little worried of what she might say now

:unsure:x

kathrina

kathrina

Hello Constantly Numb,

They look for any irregularities in blood count, potassium levels, electrolytes etc and this can indicate an eating disorder. I don't know whether you're suffering from one or not as you've not expressed this. Sometimes, as was in my case on my first blood test, it comes back as normal but you can still have a disorder.
I hope your blood test is a good result for you. If you do think you have a disorder, please inform your doctor so that you can get the help that you need. But you did say you had them for another reason as well so it might be to do with that too.

Take gentle care of yourself.

:flowers:Kathrina:flowers:

constantly numb

constantly numb

Hi,

I’ve been to the doctors today and all she said was that they where fine and something about my thyroid being abnormal? But it was a different lady. And that I have to go back in 6 months and do it again. The reason I went in the first place is because im always freezing and tired and my mum thought I was anaemic. But apparently that has been ruled out. So who know? I certainly don’t eat right but I don’t think its bad enough to call it a disorder, yet everyone has started commenting on my weight again so who knows about that as well.

But thanks for the post
x

kathrina

kathrina

Hello,

I'm glad your blood tests were ok apart from the thyroid problem.
I'm just wondering here, are you eating too much or too little? If people are saying about your weight then there might be an issue going on that even you can not admit to. If this is the case, then it is normal not to admit it at first.
PM me if you want to as I'm here to help.

Kind regards,

Kathrina