• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

My friend

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

My friend online had sex a couple Monday's ago. She's on birth control but they didn't use a condom. Well now she's horrible sick. She knows it's too soon to tell but she feels like she did when she was pregnant before.

She can't have a baby. If she keeps the baby she will have to go off her meds and well that can't happen. She's considering abortion. But it's not legal in her state (well it's legal but there isn't anywhere to get it done in her state). She also can't afford an abortion or a baby. She's on disability. She's so scared.

I don't know how to help her. She's suicidal. She hates herself. This was the first time she had sex in over a year. She's scared to have sex again.

She doesn't want an abortion but she also doesn't want to have to go into hospital without meds.

NervyTwo

NervyTwo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
So sorry to hear this Lincoln.

I'm no expert, but I do know the failure rate for the birth control pill is very low, less than half of one percent.

I know that probably won't be much comfort for your friend, but like I said I'm no expert.

In the Clouds

In the Clouds

Which type of birth control is she on (if you know) and has she been using it correctly/on time? Most forms if used correctly have a less than 1% failure rate. I assume the bc doesn't interfere with her medication?

If she's been using it properly and doesn't interfere with anything then the chances are very low. Stressing over it can give you pregnancy like symptoms.

I hope everything works out. :)

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

It's the pill

Thank you.

Kerome

Kerome

In future maybe they had better use a condom as well? It's not good if she is so anxious that she's hating herself and throwing up every time they have sex.

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
Does your friend know when her period is due because then you can use one of them first response pregnancy tests and confirm that she is not pregnant as soon as possible.
i think the chance of her being pregnant is negligible.
i would advise her to go to sexual health clinic to check she has not got any STI's if she has not already.

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

She assures me it won't happen again

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Wellbeing 22