• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

My FP might die

Manicotti

Manicotti

I'm sorry this has been so hard for you. I hope she does better.

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

I think she's ok. An ambulance actually came to the building and someone was wheeled out on a stretcher and into it, but it wasn't my FP, THANK GOD!!!

She's more angry again now that she's so sick and blames the owner's corporation for refusing to fix the leaking roof and window for 5 years, and causing black mold all over the apartment.

Manicotti

Manicotti

I would be upset too if there's been black mold in my apartment for that long. I'm glad she wasn't the one wheeled out! Is she doing any better now?

O

Orangeade

Im sorry to hear this stevie! You have helped me in some extremely low moments, so im sending you a lot of love to you both! I hope ur fp recovers, i truly do x

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

I would be upset too if there's been black mold in my apartment for that long. I'm glad she wasn't the one wheeled out! Is she doing any better now?
Yeah, I think so. She's sleeping now. She was able to have some dinner.

This roof leak is 5 years old and the window leak is over a year old. The owners corp have known about all of it, and my FP and her daughter, as well as a couple of us in the building, have been trying to get them to FINALLY FIX IT.

Once they fix it (and only they can, as it's common property), only THEN can the insurance finally reinstate all the internal damage (including the mold, ruined carpet and wallpaper, wrecked, cracked and bubbling ceilings in all rooms, and a ruined kitchen).

My FP bought the penthouse in 2017, it was in original condition, she renovated it all and paid about $250,000 to do so, moved in, was there for 3 weeks, and...the roof leaked. And it's never stopped. LOTS of money spent, lost and owed to my FP. She is traumatised over this. There's more to it, and it's quite appalling.

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

Im sorry to hear this stevie! You have helped me in some extremely low moments, so im sending you a lot of love to you both! I hope ur fp recovers, i truly do x
Aww, thank you so much!!! I think she just got herself really worked up. She was crying at one point.