• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

My FP might die

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

My FP has been very sick for 8 days now, with what seems to be severe Tonsillitis. She completely lost her voice last Friday and it hasn't come back. Her throat is so inflamed and swollen and too sore to eat very much. She can't sleep properly at night as she's always coughing and now she says she feels like she can't breathe as it feels like there are bits of dust or particles she keeps breathing in.

She says she's going to call for an ambulance soon. I'm scared. I'm scared she's actually got Covid even though apparently she doesn't. I'm scared if she goes to hospital, she'll be exposed to patients with Covid and then get it, and on top of what she already has, plus her Fibromyalgia, she could die.

She went to her doctor last Sunday and got put on strong antibiotics, but then went back yesterday for different ones. She was feeling a bit better a few days ago but has now gotten worse.

D

Dazed & Confused

I'm very sorry to hear this. I'm sending your FP a full and speedy recovery.

D

Dazed & Confused

Sorry, my post somehow posted itself before I had finished. It meant to say...

Wishing your FP a full and speedy recovery. Sending you both love and hugs.

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

I can't think. I keep hearing sirens and thinking they're coming here, for my FP.

She is extremely dramatic, but she is genuinely sick and I'm worried she may really die. Or be in hospital for ages where no one can visit her (due to Covid).

My brain keeps zoning out and thinking...maybe if she died, even though I'd be devastated, at least I couldn't feel that she didn't care about me anymore.

Why is my mind so twisted?

Contramike

Contramike

I'm so sorry!!!

If she goes to a hospital they won't put her in a covid ward without a positive test - and they'll isolate her until they get the results of the test then find out where she is placed.

It sounds like she needs to be in the hospital. With those symptoms. I'm sorry you're going through this!!!

D

Dazed & Confused

It is okay to have these thoughts and to feel whatever you are feeling. Be kind to yourself.

W

wednesday addams

I hope she will be ok.🕊️

Contramike

Contramike

I can't think. I keep hearing sirens and thinking they're coming here, for my FP.

She is extremely dramatic, but she is genuinely sick and I'm worried she may really die. Or be in hospital for ages where no one can visit her (due to Covid).

My brain keeps zoning out and thinking...maybe if she died, even though I'd be devastated, at least I couldn't feel that she didn't care about me anymore.

Why is my mind so twisted?
I think when we go through high-stress or severely emotional instances we think things that would normally not cross our minds.

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

I'm so sorry!!!

If she goes to a hospital they won't put her in a covid ward without a positive test - and they'll isolate her until they get the results of the test then find out where she is placed.

It sounds like she needs to be in the hospital. With those symptoms. I'm sorry you're going through this!!!
Thank you! I know...logically, I know that if she goes to hospital they'll test her for Covid (again), put her on oxygen, and give her an IV of antibiotics, fluids and various minerals and vitamins.

I just keep hearing about people going to hospital for other things, and then catching Covid in there and dying. Half our nurses are out of action due to Covid so everywhere is very short-staffed. Nurses who work in the Covid wards often have to also work in other wards too. There have been major outbreaks and deaths due to vulnerable hospital patients contracting Covid this way (not here in my area, but in other places in Australia).

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

I think when we go through high-stress or severely emotional instances we think things that would normally not cross our minds.
Yes, we definitely do.

I'm distracting myself by researching Coolsculpting fat freezing treatments for my double chin.

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

It is okay to have these thoughts and to feel whatever you are feeling. Be kind to yourself.
Thank you. I know. I'm sort of just observing my feelings, not judging them I suppose. I can't stand being in an extra high state of fear and anxiety for long, so my mind wanders to try and find any sort of relief.

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

She's still here. She has to go to the supermarket to get stuff for her daughter, who can't walk or drive due to her broken leg. She's also too scared to go to hospital as she fears being exposed to Covid.

She asked if I wanted to go to the supermarket with her, and I do, but I can't because after sitting around bored for 2 hours, now it's too late, I must feed my cat, and then go out for dinner. Sigh. So now I still don't get to see her after not seeing her all week and before I may never see her again. I can't just drop everything to suddenly go to the supermarket.

My FP was also supposed to be flying home next Sunday and then coming back a week later because the daughter was having more surgery on her leg, but now due to STUPID F$%KING COVID, her surgery's been pushed back to MARCH.