• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

My first post

Cat-ina-hat

Cat-ina-hat

Hi All, I'm brand new to this site and have never posted anything on the net before. Found it by chance whilst trying to find some relaxation techniques. I'm 35 and was diagnosed with rapid cycling bipolar 2 about 5 yrs ago. I have a final disciplinary meeting tomorrow as I had a really bad bout of depression that left me unable to work for a month. I've got the other side of my illness affecting me now, I feel fantastic and I'm afraid that when I go in there tomorrow I'll mess things up. God I hate this illness.

Jo1760

Jo1760

Hi Cat-ina-hat,

Welcome to the forum, I hope you find it a really useful place. I am sure you will get some great advice and support on here.

Take care and I hope your meeting isn't too stressful.

:hug:

emski

emski

:welcome: - hope you like it here. Good luck for tomorrow, hope it goes well, let us know how you get on :grouphug:

Cat-ina-hat

Cat-ina-hat

Thanks for the encouraging words, I managed to keep my job, thank God, they gave me an extended stage two sickness, which means if I'm ill again in the next 12 mths I will be sacked. People don't seem to understand that if you've got a mental health issue the worst thing they can do to you is take away your job. My job helps to keep me sane. If I was out of work I'd go stir crazy. I know I've been there before, the longer your out of work the more your self belief and confidence slowly gets etched away until your unable to face the world. Its so easy for someone to destroy someone else,s life.

L

Lady Summer Isles

Hi and :welcome:
Glad about your job, although it still seems a harsh decision. You can't possibly know how you will be at any given time.

I lost my job 10 years ago as I was not able to return to work in a given time frame. You do loose confidence and companionship, it has had a bad effect on me. I'm now too unwell to even contemplate work. Anyway off to bed now and hopefully get some sleep. Let us know how you are getting on.
Hugs
Tannith:grouphug:

keepsafe

keepsafe

Good luck tomorrow and welcome to the forum - a final disciplinary after one month seems very harsh indeed.

KS

Cat-ina-hat

Cat-ina-hat

Good luck tomorrow and welcome to the forum - a final disciplinary after one month seems very harsh indeed.

KS
I have had two other bouts of illness in the last 2 years which is why I was on what they call a stage two, so this time could have been a stage three which is a dismissal, but I was lucky, I guess. Just having the pressure of knowing that if I have another depressive bout I'll be out of a job. :(