• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

My Fiance Needs Hels :(

S

starlightlou

Hi There i'm a 26 female and i don't know who to talk to or turn to. My fiance thinks he's ugly he's had co2 laser on 1 side of his cheek. 12 Months ago then few months ago had resurfacing laser on both cheeks. Now he wants the full face doing I don't agree with him getting the lasers because he's fine oh he's taking tablets for acne when his face is fine he's depressed stressed and seeing a councillor i'm scared he's going get to much done he is not getting any better. Its afecting me because we have 2 daughters aged 2 and 6 he wont spend time with us or go out anywhere. We don't kiss cuddle and sex thats like twice a month. The only other people that know are doctor and his mum i cant talk to them because they don't understand that its affecting me to :'( i'm really worried. Im that worried i havent been sleeping or eating properly any advice would be grateful thank you.

B

Blondie

Oh dear!Is he suffering from body dimorphism?Have you told him how this is affecting you and the children aswell?Your children will pick up on this and learn his behaviour and then history will repeat itself down the line.Hopefully someone on here can point you in the right direction.Stay strong hun x

S

starlightlou

I Dont really know what hes suffering from he wont tell me anythink at the minute he's been like this for over a year he knows its afecting us iv told him loads of times. My family are now starting to ask me questions like were is he and why dosn't he spend time with you and the kids. Hes afraid to go out anywere i'm more worried about him and the kids than my self im trying to be strong for them

Last edited: