• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

My Favourite Books by ChesterKing

chesterking

chesterking

I remember somebody telling me I was like girl, because of my love of books. Another friend of mine said why do you talk about books as if it were a film. LOL! I remember reading a book all day from the moment I woke up, till the time it was to sleep. I remember reading 'Watership Down' and finishing it in three days, that's how much I loved reading. I found reading to be very addictive. I would lie on my back on bed and read library books.

chesterking

chesterking

Favourite Books

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe - by C.S Lewis
Foxbusters
He-Man, the master of the Universe
Watership Down - bright eyes :cry2:
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
The Witches - by Road Dahl, I loved the book and the film.
Charlottes Web - Sad when Charlotte the spider dies. :cry2:

Last edited:
chesterking

chesterking

I use to love 'The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe'. This was when I was in secondary school. I had two choices of the book, one with the nice cover of Aslan the lion and the other not so illustrated book, I went with the nice cover version. There is a saying that you should not judge a book by it's cover but I was doing exactly that. I use to lover picking books from the library which had nice covers.

I must have read this book at least ten times, that's how much I use love reading.

Narniacd.jpg

chesterking

chesterking

Hello pepecat,

No, not all of them. All of them were very boring, but this book stood more than the others. I enjoyed just this book, I did not like the others. I only read a chapter or two of the other books before I got really bored.

Cheers Ches

chesterking

chesterking

It's very sad when Charlotte dies. Yeah I know it's only a book and totally fictional but it still affected me when I was a kid.

chesterking

chesterking

I remember buying this book from W.H Smiths back when I was in my early teens. I use love the fighting fantasy books and I read most of them. Scorpian Swamp was another favourite. I never use to cheat, if I rolled the dice and lost, I started right back to the beginning.

latest?cb=20080621012207.jpg

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

Hi Chesterking. I remember a teacher reading us Charlotte's Web when I was a kid at school, I loved that story. I also loved the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

I also played Fighting Fantasy books when I was a kid. Never played Midnight Rogue. I really loved Forest of Doom and Deathtrap Dungeon.