My father is abusing my dog

R

Rusalochka

I decided that I have to share this. It's been bothering me for a long time.

Last year we moved here to Germany in August. We couldn't bring my dog, Thomas, with us because it would've cost a lot. I kept telling my mom that we would have to give Thomas away so he could live in a better home, because I knew my dad wouldn't take care of him. My mom found someone who would take him. But my dad (who has a history of being abusive and controlling) stopped my mom from doing this. I'm not exactly sure why. He never seemed to care for Thomas. Whenever I tried playing with my dog, or walking him, and he wouldn't listen, my dad wanted to hit him. So why get angry if my mom was trying to give my dog away? Especially to a much better home...

The whole situation pisses me off. I'm also angry at myself for not doing much. I know this isn't an excuse, but I had to deal with suicide attempts and terrible depression back in Texas, so I wasn't really thinking clearly. That was one of the reasons we got Thomas because my parents thought a new pet would help me feel better. And it did. Sure, he wouldn't listen but that was because he was so young. I wanted to take him with us to Germany, but my mom said she didn't have the money.

I'm just so angry because now all Thomas gets to do is live in the garage (my dad won't let him in the house because he chews on everything. when we lived in Texas, Thomas was allowed to live in the house.). This is in Texas, so it's very very hot there. It's already hot here in Europe. So it has to be worse in the states. Thomas needed to get vaccination. My mom reminded my dad to take him. My dad didn't listen.

This can't go on any longer. I don't know what to do, especially since I'm in another country. Is there someone I can call? Oh, and talking to my dad WON'T WORK. Because he ignores every single one of my emails. And I know he's online, because he keeps tweeting stuff on twitter.

My dad pisses me off.

R

Rusalochka

My mom acts so nonchalant about all of this. I kept telling her to tell my dad about this. Email him. But nothing changes.

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

You can call the animal protection service I think? The local one? I don't think calling the police will do any good.

R

Rusalochka

Last time I emailed my dad about Thomas, he replied telling me that Thomas 'liked being in the garage'. :scratcheshead: What? There's nothing to do there. It's hot. I also forgot to mention that my dad had paint cans in the garage and he emailed me that Thomas got into it. And nothing was done after that. It doesn't make any sense.

R

Rusalochka

You can call the animal protection service I think? The local one? I don't think calling the police will do any good.
Thank you. I am currently looking into it. I don't know how it'll work now that I'm living in a different country.

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

Thank you. I am currently looking into it. I don't know how it'll work now that I'm living in a different country.
I hope it works. Get the city or county where he lives and look up their animal protection company and give them a call.

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

When you get a chance look up Animal Cops. They help save numerous animals from abuse. I use to want to be an animal cop when I was 15.

R

Rusalochka

I'm so pissed off!!!

I need the address and I forgot most of it. I need my mom to help me. I know she won't help because I just told her about this. She called me CRAZY and told me that 'there's air conditioning and heater in the garage'. SINCE WHEN???? I sure as heck don't remember there being air conditioning and heater in the garage!

R

Rusalochka

I REPORTED IT. I don't know if it works. But I hope it does. After sending the report, they didn't say anything about the report being sent. Just took me to some other page. But hopefully this works. If not, I'll try again or try something else.

Thank you all.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi princess Rapunzel,
I'm so sorry about Thomas, you did the right thing. Hopefully he will be rescued now.
Take care