My family have stopped speaking to me.

J

Justsam

Hi, I'm new to this forum, i don't know where to begin so sorry for the waffling, for a long time I've felt the odd one out in my family, i am the eldest of 5 and I've had some terrible experiences happen to me over the years, i am now on sertrailine after having what i think was a complete mental breakdown, i was admitted to hospital for a week and during that time my mother visited me once and my sister who works in the same hospital i was admitted to didn't come to see me, nor did she message to see if i was ok, nor did she message my husband to see if i was ok, and basically hasn't spoken to me since and that was now almost 4 months ago.I was always the helper in my family,i was there to sort out their problems if they needed me too, id help out with money, id help clean the family home for my mother before I left for school, i help out with baby sitting, everything you can think of id try to help in which ever way i could.
So you would think i was worth some support while going though complete hell.
I am at the point now i never want to see them or speak to them again, each day that goes by they don't bother to message or call, i don't see why i have to always be the one to pick up the pieces.
Has anybody else had this happen to them??

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Welcome to the forum, I'm sorry your family have stopped speaking to you.
I'm here to listen anytime you need a friend.
Hope this resolves for you.
Take care

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

Justsam, I am sorry this is happening to you. When I was hospitalized my mother did not speak to the psychiatrist and tell him VERY IMPORTANT information about me. And afterwards she stopped speaking to me for twenty years.

Now she is an old lady and is sorry for my childhood and is sorry she didn't speak to me for 20 years and we are suddenly friends. The reason I include this in my post is that whatever is happening now to you, in the future it may change.

Do you want to wait and see if they contact you rather than you initiating contact ?? I would wait and make them come to you. Can you verbalize to them how you feel about their silence ?? Their lack of support is so unfair.

Last edited:
J

Justsam

Thank you for replying, i am sorry your mother didn't speak to you for so long, at least you are in contact now.

I am not interested in contacting them, the pain and lack of support they have shown me means they couldn't give a hoot about me, it's sad because if the boot was on the other foot, id have been there for them. You really don't out who your friends and family are in awful times!