My family doesn’t listen

iamnotsane

iamnotsane

My family just doesn’t noticed anything about my warning signs of depression and suicidial warnings if they do they just say get over it, or just ignore me, then have the nerve to say I’m bitchy a lot, because I’m expressing my feelings, and they say I’m rude, it’s not my fault I’m off my pills because they don’t work I just been prescribed latuda I will never know if they will work because 4 days later my parents tell me to stop taking it, because it was messing with me, I heard stopping your meds for bipolar makes you aggressive and mean I know it’s no excuse for my behavior but what else can it be? When I was on the bipolar pill I was fantastic but I just feel moody all the time it’s not my fault, my brother bullied me in the past and had the nerve to say “that was in the past”, ugh the Past will never be erased, I did something couple days ago he said “he wished he had a wand to turn me into a guy so he can beat me up so bad I end up in a coma” I wish he would get it over with I’m tired of pretending my happy with my life, or with my family, I turned in a application for McDonald’s said they would call for an interview in a couple days, it’s been that no call, so there goes my hope forever.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Hi @iamnotsane,

So sorry to hear that you’re going through rough times.

Is there a way to talk to your family calmly and explain to them how you feel? What about having your parents go with you for a therapy session? I know it’s hard to ask or speak to them about it but you can give it a shot.

Medication usually take take anywhere between two weeks to a whole month. Your parents are not the ones taking the medications to tell you when to stop or start taking them. It’s you that can evaluate your situation to decide.

Don’t let not getting a call back from an employer brings you down. If one employer doesn’t call you, there are hundreds out there. Fill out an application at other places. It’s not the end of the world.

Stay strong and I hope things get better soon.

iamnotsane

iamnotsane

Hi @iamnotsane,

So sorry to hear that you’re going through rough times.

Is there a way to talk to your family calmly and explain to them how you feel? What about having your parents go with you for a therapy session? I know it’s hard to ask or speak to them about it but you can give it a shot.

Medication usually take take anywhere between two weeks to a whole month. Your parents are not the ones taking the medications to tell you when to stop or start taking them. It’s you that can evaluate your situation to decide.

Don’t let not getting a call back from an employer brings you down. If one employer doesn’t call you, there are hundreds out there. Fill out an application at other places. It’s not the end of the world.

Stay strong and I hope things get better soon.
I filled out so many and no calls, and no there’s no talking to them they won’t listen and I’ve had counseling in the past they c
Keep leaving so I just gave up

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

I do hope you feel better soon, iamnotsane i am sorry you didnt hear back from the employer and are not understood by your family :hug:

J

JCPraha

Most people don't understand mental health issues. Your experience is quite common. I have had difficulties trying to make family members understand. Generally, they do not.

iamnotsane

iamnotsane

Most people don't understand mental health issues. Your experience is quite common. I have had difficulties trying to make family members understand. Generally, they do not.
I’m sorry to hear that :sorry::hug:

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
so there goes my hope forever.
Hope is never gone forever, as long as you're still alive there's always hope.

I forget who's signature says this so I'm sorry I can't give them credit for it but they say "death is a permanent solution to a temporary problem", everything in life is temporary including your family and work situation. Focus on work then you can move away from them and start a family of your own one day if that's what you want.

iamnotsane

iamnotsane

Hope is never gone forever, as long as you're still alive there's always hope.

I forget who's signature says this so I'm sorry I can't give them credit for it but they say "death is a permanent solution to a temporary problem", everything in life is temporary including your family and work situation. Focus on work then you can move away from them and start a family of your own one day if that's what you want.
Oh that’s a nice signature I guess I’ll try it again