my ex is back in town and im depressed

H

h.elena

i was going out with this guy months ago, he had to leave for New York as an exchange student but didn't end things with me before he left, so i was left thinking he would come back 6 months later and we would get back together. for about 5 months i daydreamed about the day he would come back and i would hug him and kiss him, until he told me he would probably not even come back, and dating someone was not what he was looking for (he's very emotionally imature and has never dated anyone), i was very depressed before i met him and after hearing this i fell back into depression. he's back in town now for 10 days, we have a lot of mutual friends so they're all hanging out while i'm too scared to see his face, i feel embarassed to tell him i'm depressed again although i still want to be friends (i realised he's not good boyfriend material lol).

but... if I don't see him as a romantic interest anymore why do I still feel this way about seeing him???:confused:

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi H.elena,
I'm sure your friends will support you, it's great you have friends.
I'm not surprised you fell back into a depressive mood, it must have been a terrible shock.
Do your friends know how he has treated you?
I personally don't think it is a good idea for you to meet him again.
The pain will get easier and you will be able to move on with this.
I'm here to listen to.
Take care

H

h.elena

Some friends and him went out yesterday and had a lot of fun, they really missed him. This is upsetting me so much, i think i don't want my friends to have fun with him, i feel like a terrible person. He didn't ask of me, i don't know why i wanted to know if he did... i tell myself i'm over him but maybe i'm lying to myself