• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

My emotions have confused me today.

M

mrlonewolf

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I have felt mostly numb and irritated whilst at work today.

Then at home, my emotions were great, almost utopian, as I played my guitar and taught myself some new songs.

After which I went for a drive and got super depressed, a particular song came on and then I realised how alone I was on that nightly drive. I felt despair, I had suicidal thoughts in my head, I felt directionless, confused about who I was and what I wanted from life. I was on the verge of tears but can never seem to cry out loud. It makes me feel like a robot.

I'm scared this is a pattern I am stuck in and in ten years I will be still bitching about the same problems, forever trying to climb out of the quicksand.

I wish I was going to bed in a better mood.

K

Kittylove

Just wanted to say that I read your post and I'm very sorry you're feeling this way. :hug:
I hope that your mood improves.

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
I have felt mostly numb and irritated whilst at work today.

Then at home, my emotions were great, almost utopian, as I played my guitar and taught myself some new songs.

After which I went for a drive and got super depressed, a particular song came on and then I realised how alone I was on that nightly drive. I felt despair, I had suicidal thoughts in my head, I felt directionless, confused about who I was and what I wanted from life. I was on the verge of tears but can never seem to cry out loud. It makes me feel like a robot.

I'm scared this is a pattern I am stuck in and in ten years I will be still bitching about the same problems, forever trying to climb out of the quicksand.

I wish I was going to bed in a better mood.
Sorry you've had a bit of a roller coaster ride today.

I'm very similar. My emotions play out like a concert pianist sweeping up and down the keys from high to low and back again. Do you find you can use music to lift yourself back up? x

wraziel

wraziel

Yes that's sucks. Mood swings are so confusin', yesterday I was down. Now I'm ok :hug1: