• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

My Driving Licence and the Catch 22

B

BAGGPUSS

I have been under cmht now for 9 years but even though I stopped driving my car I never told the DVLA that I have a Mental Health condition, this is my problem now.

I have bean hearing Voices for quite a while but was too embarrassed and ashamed to tell me Pdoc until recently, but do the Mental Health Services contact the DVLA and tell them about my voices?

because if they did I would get busted and fined for not telling tge DVLA 9 years ago??

shit could hit the fan big time, and I read their is a fine of £1000.

Its not like i have been driving though.:shrug: worried they will tell the DVLA

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I first told the DVLA about 5 years ago. That was about 9 years after I first received treatment. I am leaning to the side - not to tell them, but if you must I think it is up to you, and they will send you a restricted license.

catkin

catkin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hi, glad you are back xx
when I was stopped driving, my psych wrote to dvla, then dvla wrote to me. I'd already stopped driving myself, and no longer had car, but this made it official. You won't be in trouble as you haven't been driving and if cmht had contacted dvla they would inform you of that. Maybe it would help if you asked them to contact dvla if that would help as you could get a bus pass? hope this helps xx

B

BAGGPUSS

I first told the DVLA about 5 years ago. That was about 9 years after I first received treatment. I am leaning to the side - not to tell them, but if you must I think it is up to you, and they will send you a restricted license.
I dont want to drive ever again Brat but loosing my Licence is like loosing a part of me and it gives me security.

weird but its true, i wont tell them but worry someone else might ie... Doctors/Pdocs

B

BAGGPUSS

hi, glad you are back xx
when I was stopped driving, my psych wrote to dvla, then dvla wrote to me. I'd already stopped driving myself, and no longer had car, but this made it official. You won't be in trouble as you haven't been driving and if cmht had contacted dvla they would inform you of that. Maybe it would help if you asked them to contact dvla if that would help as you could get a bus pass? hope this helps xx
aww fanks Catkin, omg thats what I fear them telling the Dvla, bugger:doh:

suppose i have no choice then to cough up and tell.

thanks for your help Catkin and Brat x

ps can I get a free buss pass?

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I dont want to drive ever again Brat but loosing my Licence is like loosing a part of me and it gives me security.

weird but its true, i wont tell them but worry someone else might ie... Doctors/Pdocs
Oh...if they refuse a license you may be able to apply for free travel. In London, you can a free tube/bus/train pass if they refuse your license. they sent me my license though.

They just restrict it to 3 years thats all. as long you apply 6 months before expiry it should be no hassle.

B

BAGGPUSS

Thanks Brat for the help, I will have a serious think about getting them told.

as long as they dont come and put a wheel clamp on my arse and say no more driving !:mrgreen:

catkin

catkin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
aww fanks Catkin, omg thats what I fear them telling the Dvla, bugger:doh:

suppose i have no choice then to cough up and tell.

thanks for your help Catkin and Brat x

ps can I get a free buss pass?
I would ask your psych about dvla, there may be no need to inform them if you don't want to drive and aren't driving anyway? I don't know. You won't be in trouble though, if the psych had any doubts about this they would have had to inform dvla, and you would have been informed.
Yes, if license refused you can get a free bus pass. x

B

BAGGPUSS

I would ask your psych about dvla, there may be no need to inform them if you don't want to drive and aren't driving anyway? I don't know. You won't be in trouble though, if the psych had any doubts about this they would have had to inform dvla, and you would have been informed.
Yes, if license refused you can get a free bus pass. x
thanks Catkin, no I stopped driving because my concentration was not good and I had a few bumps.:doh:

I will just get on with telling them you and brat have been helpfull. Thanks